Midweek Football 27/30 November

andykeenan

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Sports washing derby resolved by corrupt refereeing, imagine my shock. Newcastle found out the Qataris can buy influence too. 

Yup I feel for those plucky Geordies - FFP means their slush fund for UEFA officials is currently much smaller than PSG's! 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Everyone keeps saying this wouldn’t be given as a pen in the prem. But I think it would, at least a few times. Not that I’m pretending to understand the multitude of rules and exceptions but I’m sure I’ve seen that sort of thing given.

Nah it's a thing in the Prem where if the ball deflects off your body onto your arm it's not given. Guessing that rule doesn't apply to Champions League but it should. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I rarely ever turn it on, but as I had a long drive home tonight and saw this controversy, I stuck on TalkShite.

Not sure who my favourite geordie was, the first one who called up literally sobbing, or the one who announced, completely deadpan, that he was so upset he'd turned off his Christmas lights.

In the battle of 2 of the most egregious sportswashing words removed, I'm only sorry that the stadium didn't explode. 

Gutted for the fans .but laughing at the club . It can be nothing other than corruption unless there are different rules in Euro comps ?  

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I rarely ever turn it on, but as I had a long drive home tonight and saw this controversy, I stuck on TalkShite.

Not sure who my favourite geordie was, the first one who called up literally sobbing, or the one who announced, completely deadpan, that he was so upset he'd turned off his Christmas lights.

In the battle of 2 of the most egregious sportswashing words removed, I'm only sorry that the stadium didn't explode. 

YyP8FB.gif

Just seen it, what an awful decision!

Good.

Â