Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Just now, Tom13 said:

Diaby should have had an assist. Would Zaniolo have the composure and intelligence to make the right decision in key moments? And those key moments are going to be limited if that first half is anything to go by.

I dont know 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Cash is just appalling. If we’re going to have our RB to be such a key part of our attack then we need a huge upgrade. All he does is cut back. Doesn’t try through balls, doesn’t take on his man, doesn’t cross it in. Shite. 

Agree that we need an upgrade on him but he's not appalling by any stretch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Unfortunately these types of defeats (if it stays like this) are why we will find it hard to finish in a champs league spot. This was a chance to gain some points on the competition which we would have failed to take advantage of. The incentive to win should be massive. 

It still is a chance we haven’t lost yet ffs.

Villa been poor with no real attacking threat. You can’t use the fatigue excuse as they’ve had decent recovery time from Europe.

Zaniolo has been awful and needs replaced at half time.

Luiz at fault as he made no attempt to close down the goal scorer. Forest actually targeting him in possession.

Only saving grace is that Emery will get into them at half time so I expect a much better second half!

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

2 wins, 2 losses and a draw. The losses away to Liverpool and Newcastle who currently sit 4th and 6th.

Don't get me wrong it's not bad but when the home form is top drawer it becomes more noticeable. Not just the results either, the performances too, e.g. we won at Chelsea but weren't great.

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’d consider changing the left side. Get both Bailey and Moreno on. Or maybe Tielemans for Zaniolo and get Diaby out wide on the left with an another body in midfield. 

No chance dignes been our best player. But id get bailey on zaniolo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

We need to step things up in the second half.

Forest playing well. Physically strong, pressing well and quick on the break.

Come on Villa!

They've been a good challenge so far but we have the quality to play much better than we have

• Like 1

My feeling was right about this game so far i could feel it … especially when the teams i hate the most all win, I always feels thats when we slip but enough about that lets try and get back into this … diaby,zaniolo , kamara, torres have been poor and watkins needs more involvement.

Our away form is too often nowhere near our home form.  Seem to have developed a habit of starting slowly and conceding early.  Zaniolo is starting to grate a bit.  He didn't track the fullback for the goal either so partly his fault. 

• Like 1