Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

And my favorite:

Your fingernail has the same ingredients as fly poop

Light travels at approx 186,000 miles per second and takes 8 seconds to travel from the sun to the earth. Which is slightly longer than it would take Gabby to get there and back.

Actually it's 8 minutes.

Yep your right, if the sun were that close we'd fry! :oops:

Light travels at approx 186,000 miles per second and takes 8 seconds to travel from the sun to the earth. Which is slightly longer than it would take Gabby to get there and back.

Actually it's 8 minutes.

Yep your right, if the sun were that close we'd fry! :oops:

So Gabby is far faster then?

The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and Great Britain in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.

Hmm. Taking its inspiration from the UK, Zanzibar is a shithole. (Really, it is)

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Did you know that the Full Members Cup (aka Simod Cup aka Zenith Data Systems Cup) was thought up purely as a replacement for European Competition while English clubs were banned from Europe after the Heysel disaster. It only ran from 1985 to 1992. Something I learned only today :)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone ever listens to the World Football Phone-in on 5 live on Friday night but last night they mentioned how Carlos Valderama had a son called Kevin. I wonder how many Colombian Kevins there are, I'm thinking not many.

You can not die in Parliament! If you die in Parliament it has to say on your death certificate that you died in the ambulance on the way to hospital. That's true by the way i didnt' just make it up

True of almost any location. You ain't dead til a doctor says so.

True of almost any location. You ain't dead til a doctor says so.

When i first started working on the railway, i was at Nuneaton station. I think i had been there for six weeks when some fella jumped in front of a Manchester - London express.

The train would have weighed about 450 tons. It was doing 100mph. The bloke was decapitated, and the parts of his body that werent scattered around the station were found strewn along the track at various distances of up to half a mile away.

He wasnt actually dead until the coroner said he was about an hour later!

The number one cause of death in Sweden is suicide. The number two is being crushed by someone falling from a tall building.

Where did you hear that? I can't imagine this being true at all.

Â