Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 1 month later...

Blackburn Rovers have only won 1 solitary league game this season against opposition in the top half of the league. A 1-0 home scrape against Man City is the only game they've won inside the top ten. I found that remarkable :?

Blackburn Rovers have only won 1 solitary league game this season against opposition in the top half of the league. A 1-0 home scrape against Man City is the only game they've won inside the top ten. I found that remarkable :?

Wrong thread mate, that's actually reasonably interesting!

This on the other hand, is totally useless, Gabby take note if you think your playing most minutes of last season was impressive:

Sandy Pate was an ever-present for Mansfield for six seasons, during 1969-75. He was captain of the club and played in midfield.

More than 14 million sandstone blocks make up the pyramids which were originally covered in limestone. This isn't because the limestone was stolen butit was used by the native egyptians as building material.

Sweden don't have any official language. Yes, we speake swedish here, but it's not written down as official. Does it matter? No, not IMO, but it's still a fact and useless information.

At Swedish football matches if there's a chance, where we would go "oooo" in England, they make a sort of "eeee" sound.

That looks wrong now I've written it but I'm sure I remember it.

At Swedish football matches if there's a chance, where we would go "oooo" in England, they make a sort of "eeee" sound.

That looks wrong now I've written it but I'm sure I remember it.

I've noticed things like this. Like when a goal is scored in the Premier League, it sounds completely different than when a goal is scored in, say, La Liga.

Most astronomers agree that the reason for the redshift-distance relationship of galaxies, discovered by Hubble, is down to the doppler effect (caused by motion of the galaxies/lightsource moving away from us). This assumption is the reason that they also believe the universe is expanding and the conclusion of this observation is that the expanding of the universe was caused be a big explosion (the big bang). But other, "eccentric" astronomers believe that it's down to the shapiro effect, or gravitational time delay effect (light losing some of it energy when influenced by gravity and thus being redshifted). If the latter is correct then there is no reason to believe in the big bang.

A couple of drug related facts (sorry if posted earlier or on the other thread)

1) Before the 20th century, the marijuana plant provided almost all the world's paper, all the world's clothing and textiles, and almost all the world's rope

2) You can make four times as much paper from one acre of hemp(marijuana) plants as you can from an acre of trees

from your wrist to your elbow joint is exactly the same size as your foot.

*how many people will be testing that out in an office!!!*

and in the second installment of elbow trivia... "It is impossible to lick your elbow"

..... go on office workers....try it!

It's not imposible. It's not easy, but it's not impossible :shock:

Again, wrong thread tarjei because that nugget is clearly very interesting indeed :D:thumb:

Ah, well, I guess it depends who reads it. I find it to be an annoying bit of information, because I can't really enjoy documentaries about the universe anymore as this little assumption has such a big impact on everything. It can make you question everything they say. And if you say stuff like this most people will think you're crazy.

If you find it interesting here's the site where I first read about it: link!

There's lots of annoying information there that they perhaps don't teach you in school. For example a lot of the stars you see in the night sky are actually mirror images of stars caused by the bending of light around other massive stars/objects. Something that might lead you to question the existence of star clusters and even galaxies.

But don't take my word for it, I have no idea if this is correct or not.

Ok fellas, trousers down time....the length of your middle finger from its tip to the knuckle equates to the length of your dick

That is not true

Thats as maybe, but I bet you all tested it out. buhahaha

Â