Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Dunno.

It depends on loads of things I guess. Where the major centres of population are, how frequently people move between those centres (etc)

1zgzpopu.jpg

Thirty seconds on google tells me that pretty much all of the population of China is in the region that naturally sits at GMT+8 anyway, so there might not be any need to **** about with organising different time zones.

Controversial inclusion of Taiwan in that map of china! I guess it makes sense though.

I still think greenland was a good shout but it has random looking small pockets of different timezones. Possibly around the centres of population.

How does it work do we think? You just wake up when its light and work through the day or the whole country is up at the same time for work? (if you see what im getting at)

Eh, 'we think' the government doesn't give a **** about the majority and everyone does what works for the government :)

On May 28, 2008, the USA football team had an Elo rating of 1783. On that day, the USA played England in a friendly, losing 2-0. As a result, the USA lost 7 rating points, to finish with 1776.

In 1776, the Declaration of Independence was signed, formally going past the point of no return.

In 1783, the UK recognised the USA's independence.

(and to take things even further, on 28 May, 1774, the first Continental Congress met in Philadelphia)

Elephants can't sweat.

Watching C4 too I see :D. It's interesting stuff.

Elephants can pump their entire volume of blood through their ears to cool down (within 20 mins... not all at once, obviously).

Andy Murray has a secret stash of football replica shirts, all of whom have been opposition to England at some point

• 4 weeks later...

At 5 minutes and 6 seconds after 4 a.m., on the 7th of August, this year, the time and date will be:

04:05:06 07-08-09

this will not happen again until the year 3009.

Of course, this is only for Europeans; the Americans already had their great thrill on 8th July.

At 5 minutes and 6 seconds after 4 a.m., on the 7th of August, this year, the time and date will be:

Of course, this is only for Europeans; the Americans already had their great thrill on 8th July.

It will happen in 2109!

It will happen in 2109!

Yes, you're right! I was only quoting the viral email that my missus sent me!

We're always ahead of the curve...

We do have a couple more of these.

01:23:45 6-7-89 in the small hours of the 6th July of years ending in 89.

12:34:56 7-8-90 just after noon on the 7th August of years ending in 90.

We do have a couple more of these.

01:23:45 6-7-89 in the small hours of the 6th July of years ending in 89.

12:34:56 7-8-90 just after noon on the 7th August of years ending in 90.

Not forgetting there's also 12:34:56 7/8/9

And next year there's also 05:06:07 08-09-10.

Â