Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Rush only ever scored 3 penalties for Liverpool.

To put that into context for people who are too young/too foreign to know about Ian Rush, he is Liverpool's all time record goalscorer with an quite amazing 346 goals.

Inspired by The Rev's "bee" question in the "Ask BOF anything" thread:

If you move a beehive overnight, a long way from its original location - hundreds of miles if you like - the bees are unfazed. They'll go out to work in the morning, collect nectar & pollen and make their way home in the evening.

But if you only move it a short distance - say a few hundred yards - it totally **** them up. They go off to work and then can't find their way home.

Apparently when they go out in the morning they'll notice if the view is totally different (say a line of mountains on the horizon that wasn't there yesterday), and recalibrate their internal direction-finding systems. But if the surrounding landscape is vaguely similar to yesterday, they just assume they're still at home and pootle off, only to find that their original "compass bearing" doesn't get them back to the hive.

The maximum break in Snooker is not 147.

If, when no balls are potted, your opponent fouls and leaves you snookered from all reds, you're allowed to take any colour as a red. If you then follow this with the black, and then the usual 147 you can achieve a break of 155.

If Andorra had brought their entire population to the England game last week, they wouldn't have filled the stadium.

Incidentally, they didn't bring a single away fan, and the only people "supporting" them, were the 11 mascots they brought.

If Andorra had brought their entire population to the England game last week, they wouldn't have filled the stadium.

Incidentally, they didn't bring a single away fan, and the only people "supporting" them, were the 11 mascots they brought.

Andorra has a landmass half the size of Bradford and a population one sixth of Milton Keynes.

The game we played over in Kazakhstan is the furthest distance England could possibly have travelled in the European Championship (as both of Russias stadiums are nearer, being in Moscow and St Petersburg). The only teams that could possibly have had a longer journey are Iceland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland - all traveling to Kazakhstan.

I've been trying to find out if these games have ever happened.. I would imagine so but have been unable to find reports of one. If not then England have at least got one record this qualifying :P

Andorra has a landmass half the size of Bradford and a population one sixth of Milton Keynes.
OTOH I'll bet it's a nicer place to live than either of those.

I argue that. I bet there was one Scottish/Ukranian/Croatian person at the game... He just kept quiet.

I'm having my boiler fixed. It was leaking water. Out of the air vent. I was supposed to have it done on Friday, but someone had nicked my gas meter.

Although, Andorra was recently voted the most disappointing holiday destination in Europe.

The game we played over in Kazakhstan is the furthest distance England could possibly have travelled in the European Championship (as both of Russias stadiums are nearer, being in Moscow and St Petersburg). The only teams that could possibly have had a longer journey are Iceland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland - all traveling to Kazakhstan.

I've been trying to find out if these games have ever happened.. I would imagine so but have been unable to find reports of one. If not then England have at least got one record this qualifying :P

Well I imagine joint with Kazakhstan's trip to Wembley...

Although, Andorra was recently voted the most disappointing holiday destination in Europe.

Andorra has an Aero Club.

Andorra does not have an airstrip.

Â