Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The current targetted ad at the bottom of the screen. Bizarre

hebrew-full;init:.jpg

This is a crappy ad. As far as I know (and I am a native Hebrew speaker...) there is not much difference between modern-day Hebrew and Biblical Hebrew...

And beside, who speaks Biblical Hebrew?!

I know three people that do!

Now where is my damn cookie.

No... he most likely spoke Aramaic.

most likely he was jesus of Ananus and being a plebeian would have spoken Latin ?

(in 68 AD Jesus of Ananus a high priest , was given a public lashing and then made to carry his own cross to his crucifixion ..in Jerusalem )

Sorry to piss on your stats, but Chinese (mandarin) > Spanish > English as native tongue and pri. language around the globe.

At least according to the social studies I was shown.

inb4hedidntspeakanythingbecuasehedidntexist.

There's more evidence for the existence of Jesus than there is for the existence of Julius Caesar.

Son of God? nah, not likely, probably just a normal bloke.

He certainly existed though.

Probably bin dun several times but Can't be bothered to troll through 60 pages.

Daddy Long legs are the most venemous creature on the earth,

Lukcy they ain't got no teeth.

Incorrect.

There is a species of spider called the daddy long legs which is venemous but not the one we know, don't think it can be found in this country.

There's more evidence for the existence of Jesus than there is for the existence of Julius Caesar.
WHAT? Where do you get that from? There are whole books written by Julius Caesar! There are statues made during his lifetime, so we know what he looked liked. There are accounts of his military conquests not only in Roman literature but that of the countries he invaded. We have a family tree for his relatives.

Clearly both JC's existed, but there is about a million times more hard documentation on Caesar than there is on Christ.

Despite all that, Jesus has been FAR more influential in shaping world affairs and peoples' lives than Caesar ever was.

As an atheist I find that ironically amusing, but you can't argue with the truth of it.

WHAT? Where do you get that from? There are whole books written by Julius Caesar! There are statues made during his lifetime, so we know what he looked liked. There are accounts of his military conquests not only in Roman literature but that of the countries he invaded. We have a family tree for his relatives.

Clearly both JC's existed, but there is about a million times more hard documentation on Caesar than there is on Christ.

Despite all that, Jesus has been FAR more influential in shaping world affairs and peoples' lives than Caesar ever was.

As an atheist I find that ironically amusing, but you can't argue with the truth of it.

Hope you're happy with yourself Mr. Trim and Son.

Ps. Jesus was the son of God.

Why do you mention Mr. Trim at this point? :huh:

P.S. Bart Simpson was the son of Homer Simpson.

I beleive he first mentioned the J word in this thread.

PS. Prove it.

I beleive he first mentioned the J word in this thread.

PS. Prove it.

Ah, OK.

There's lots of evidence for the Simpsons. There are books about them, there are pictures of them and books and TV programs about them. They have devoted followers throughout the world, and they seem to make people laugh and be happy. Although as far as I know nobody's ever killed anyone in the name of Bart, and Bartists don't harangue me in the street or knock on my door trying to convince me that they can give me eternal life.

Mmmmmm..... eternal..... life.......

Probably bin dun several times but Can't be bothered to troll through 60 pages.

Daddy Long legs are the most venemous creature on the earth,

Lukcy they ain't got no teeth.

Incorrect.

There is a species of spider called the daddy long legs which is venemous but not the one we know, don't think it can be found in this country.

Indeed. The notion that the Daddy Long Legs (those weird things that hop around and do feck all) are venomous is an urban myth. One which accelerated in public knowledge after a stand up tour by Ricky Gervais. It is not true though.

On the theme of venoms...:

There are only TWO poisonous snakes in the world.

This is a very pedantic fact but one which is widely got wrong when people refer to 'poisonous snakes'... snakes are not poisonous - they are venomous. Venom is when a poison is administered on purpose, poison is when something is eaten.

Â