Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/23 at 22:59

A good week and its excellent work to be in the top 5 before the international break given the injuries we have. Other than the Brighton game I don't think we have even hit top gear yet. You can't win them all and for some reason, we have had a crappy record in recent years versus the dogheads. Other teams round us drew today so no major diaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Not really no

I wouldn't necessarily call being more vocal at calling out what you think to be a penalty claim, cheating

He clearly didn’t feel it was a penalty. Too focused on trying to score.

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

As we stay at the upper end of the table , more mid/lower teams will employ low block against us , as taking a point would be decent result for them. 
 We really need a No.10 type player that link midfield to attack. Luis is decent but never a 10 .. 

We miss Buendia.

• Like 4

We are so obviously better than them, but can't beat them. Very annoying. On the bright side, we had an immediate response to their goal, and we are still in 5th place entering the break. Carlos with another 90 minutes under his belt. And a first Villa goal for Torres.

• Like 2

Luckily mcginns International week fingers crossed ends after Thursday. The 2nd game is a friendly. You'd really.hope he doesn't play that. 

When we eventually have Moreno and Ramsey back that will help loads, but we will.need a loan or two in Jan to help the squad with fatigue. 

For now, just hope there's no injuries. Rest up! Next few games does give us a chance to build momentum again.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

For the goal my only criticism was that Luiz was too ponderous and indecisive which lead to him dropping the ball.

He had an off day with some unusually bad touches.

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Should have taken Ollie off at half time ..... he was being bullied out of the game from very early. Duran would have been a handful and would have held the ball up. All in all, some very bizarre substitutions ...... just when we needed to go after the game, we bring on two of our worst players !!!

Ollie usually holds up the ball pretty well, but given how dependent we were on the long ball in the first half, it would have played to Duran's strengths.

• Like 1

My mother told me there'd be days like this. From the missed chances at the end, it obviously wasn't meant to be our day. Still, it's a draw in a sort-of-derby away match against an in-form team. A point is a point.

I thought the 6-2-2 in the first half was unnecessarily cautious. Unai obviously saw something that worried him. His tactics worked for what he wanted. I just question what he wanted.

No obvious standout as MOTM for the me. I gave it to Konsa.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Hit the post right on full time ,no **** luck whatsoever.

Ginger shirted scum.

Think we used our last min goal luck up in the week.