Jareth

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Are people genuinely still believing we are in a title race?

Fact is we are 3 points off the top. So by per definition we are in a title race.

• Like 3

Technically, sure which is amazing, but I'm happy to focus on finishing top 4 for now. If we're still there in a couple of months time then dare to dream, but game by game I'm looking at how spurs and arsenal are doing

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

There is another thread for that.

We are in the title race, whether you like it or not.

We might not be in 5-10 games time. But right now, we are in the title race. 

Or we might just be top of the league

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’re in the title race by definition. 

That’s not the same as thinking we’ll actually win it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In 6 to 8 weeks, the lines between the two could be very much blurred

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If pundits want to talk about a title race in January then yes we are in it.Although they only reason they actually mention us in the conversation is to rule us out!

However the title race doesn’t really begin until the last six matches.

Unai knows this hence his “come back in week 32” remark.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

If pundits want to talk about a title race in January then yes we are in it.Although they only reason they actually mention us in the conversation is to rule us out!

However the title race doesn’t really begin until the last six matches.

Unai knows this hence his “come back in week 32” remark.

I’ll tell you now he fancies this, he will never admit it But rest assured he does. And if he does who the hell are we to question. 

I have been lucky enough to smell this before, and the smell I’m smelling is identical

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

Man. City pretty much won the league tonight.

Would've been big for them to drop points but ultimately they're ahead of us now with a spare game still to play sometime in next month so going to be very difficult to keep pace with them now De Bruyne is back. Without him on the pitch they don't beat Newcastle so keep him fit and they will win the league by 5 + points I think.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Man. City pretty much won the league tonight.

Would've been big for them to drop points but ultimately they're ahead of us now with a spare game still to play sometime in next month so going to be very difficult to keep pace with them now De Bruyne is back. Without him on the pitch they don't beat Newcastle so keep him fit and they will win the league by 5 + points I think.

They are a point ahead on the same number of games

we win tomorrow we’re two points ahead of them and they will have one game in hand

Are you assuming we lose tomorrow?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

They are a point ahead on the same number of games

I think it's more with De Bruyne back and Haaland getting a bit of a rest now they'll be very strong indeed for second half of the season. They'll draw games here and there but it's hard to see them doing stuff like losing back to back as they did earlier this season at Wolves and Arsenal.

They'll probably finish on around 90 points as usual. That will be very very hard for us to get anywhere near.

Now if the title was won on something like 80-81 points like in the Leicester season then for sure we'd be in the shake up given how strong we are at VP but it feels unlikely and will play out very much like last season when Man. City won the league with 88 points with still two games to play.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I think we go joint top tomorrow with a win.

It's mid January, not September. This is concerted. 

I don't think we win the league but we're clearly in the conversation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's more with De Bruyne back and Haaland getting a bit of a rest now they'll be very strong indeed for second half of the season. They'll draw games here and there but it's hard to see them doing stuff like losing back to back as they did earlier this season at Wolves and Arsenal.

They'll probably finish on around 90 points as usual. That will be very very hard for us to get anywhere near.

Now if the title was won on something like 80-81 points like in the Leicester season then for sure we'd be in the shake up given how strong we are at VP but it feels unlikely and will play out very much like last season when Man. City won the league with 88 points with still two games to play.

How can it be more ? one point ahead of us on the same number of games regardless of this that and whatsoever.

We have important players coming back iwe’ve had a wobble and it’s now it is full steam ahead. I expect us to lose two games between now and the end of the season. Let’s see where that leaves us. 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Teen Spirit?

It was back then now it’s a mixture of mothballs and TCP

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

How can it be more ? one point ahead of us on the same number of games regardless of this that and whatsoever.

We have important players coming back iwe’ve had a wobble and it’s now it is full steam ahead. I expect us to lose two games between now and the end of the season. Let’s see where that leaves us. 

Losing two more games actually has us finishing on 90 points so they'd be no more margin for error if 90 is the magic number.

People underestimate how few points you have to drop to win the league these days. Man. City under Guardiola have won the premier league with 100, 98, 86, 93 and 89 points so given it's still the treble winning squad they won't be posting a tally any lower than 86 imo.

Yeah city are going to win at a canter. They'll do their win 15 in a row shtick again which is insane. **** the cheating words removed though.

We will do very well to repeat our first half results. That would get us to c80 points. At this point, until or unless proven differently, we'll end up on 75 ish. Still an excellent total though

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Losing two more games actually has us finishing on 90 points so they'd be no more margin for error if 90 is the magic number.

People underestimate how few points you have to drop to win the league these days. Man. City under Guardiola have won the premier league with 100, 98, 86, 93 and 89 points so given it's still the treble winning squad they won't be posting a tally any lower than 86 imo.

How does losing 2 more games give us 90 points? We arent gonna draw any of the other 16 matches?

We will not be winning 16 of the last 18 games. Not even remotely close.

Man City will win the league by a country mile. And next season, and the season after that.

Its why I still cannot believe there are Villa fans who don't absolutely despise them and their cheating as much as I do. 

They are literally THE reason we won't be winning it any time soon and they will likely win treble after treble along the way. With the odd quadruple thrown in for good measure. Making winning ANYTHING so much harder. 

And all because they are allowed ro cheat the rules.

I don't even think there is a title "race" to even be in. It's 20 games in and we are 3rd, which is amazing. But by the the time the "race" kicks in in late April, Man City will be so far ahead of the pack that it won't be a race at all.

We're in the title race until we're not. And we're currently in one. In a months time we might not be.

But I do think City win the league easily. It's kind of a given when one team gets to play by different rules.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

How does losing 2 more games give us 90 points? We arent gonna draw any of the other 16 matches?

We will not be winning 16 of the last 18 games. Not even remotely close.

Man City will win the league by a country mile. And next season, and the season after that.

Its why I still cannot believe there are Villa fans who don't absolutely despise them and their cheating as much as I do. 

They are literally THE reason we won't be winning it any time soon and they will likely win treble after treble along the way. With the odd quadruple thrown in for good measure. Making winning ANYTHING so much harder. 

And all because they are allowed ro cheat the rules.

I don't even think there is a title "race" to even be in. It's 20 games in and we are 3rd, which is amazing. But by the the time the "race" kicks in in late April, Man City will be so far ahead of the pack that it won't be a race at all.

The guy above was saying we could challenge for the league if we only lose two more games this season so I was actually proving your point in a way given we'd probably also draw some games and losing those points would very likely end any remote title bid.

Really for the premier league Guardiola leaving can't come soon enough as to me it will be like SAF leaving Man. United. If they get hit with a decent points deduction at similar time that will put Man. City out of contention for a few years.

• 3 weeks later...