Jareth

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't think it's saying "if we'd won every game we'd be top of the league"

I'm saying that we were all over Sheffield, had a good goal disallowed, but even still we should have won that game. And it baffles me that we had SUCH domination against United for 30 mins, "Ole" chants after 15 mins, "Sacked in the morning" by 30 mins. And then capitulation.

The forest & Bournemouth games are in the past for me, but I'm not quite over those two yet.

Our season so far is incredible - I'm not *actually* annoyed - but it's hard to not look at the last week and think "we probably should be top with a 2 point buffer"

totally get that. Its the posts about the Arsenal and Spurs games somehow adding to that frustration that baffle me. Just don't get that mentality at all.

The issue for me is that we’ve not played particularly well since the Man City game and were fortunate to get all the points vs Arsenal and needed a senseless red at Brentford to get anything at all.

We’re still in it when you look at the table, but I’m not seeing anything in our recent performances that suggests we can win the title. We need to turn things around quickly or even top 4/5 is going to be a distant hope in a couple of months.

Been a good couple of game weeks for Man City. 2 points off Liverpool if they win their game in hand. 

Can’t imagine it will be too long before they are back in the top 3 at least (unfortunately for us). 

I think we need some new blood to shake the squad up a bit, hopefully give every one a bit of impetus to perform better, or risk being out of the team. Might help us push on a bit as I agree our performances of late haven't been great. They do always say though, that's a sign of a good team, able to grind out results without playing spectacularly.

Truth be told though we're all moaning about not getting the result at Old Trafford, what with us being 2:0 up.  Just run that sentence back though, we were 2:0 up at old trafford! In my life time that place was a death trap for Villa, we never got a result there. We are a great side now and will have off days but as ole lego hair at Arsenal says...trust the process. UTV 

Bbc have done an article on the title race. No mention of us but plenty of focus/discussion on Tottenham.

Oddly then right at the bottom they have percentage likelihood of the title winners and we are currently ten times more likely to win the league than Tottenham. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Bbc have done an article on the title race. No mention of us but plenty of focus/discussion on Tottenham.

Oddly then right at the bottom they have percentage likelihood of the title winners and we are currently ten times more likely to win the league than Tottenham. 

I hold no illusions of us winning the title but articles like this one really annoy me. Ange has all the journos eating out of his hand while the classic Lahdahn focus continues. I can see the editorial meeting now: 

Southern editor #1: ‘Who els’ shaaad be in this taaaitle chasin’ stowie?’
Southern editor #2: ‘up the gahnas’

Southern editor #1: ‘na, Phiwl, we’s alreadie written ‘bawt our gorgeous gahnas. Saka’s a gene-yas I tells ‘ya’
Southern editor #2: ‘F*ck it, let’s wroite abawwt the chawnces Brentford and Palace ‘av of winnin’ the taitle’

Southern cleaner listening in on the meeting: ‘’awr are Watford dahn these dayz then? Can yá wraite ‘bout them?’

Southern editor #1: ‘Morag’s onto samfin’ there, Phiwl. Roight, everywahn elws gets lumped in wiv the Scottish teams. Lahvlee’. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powehi said:

You slag me off, and then embody what I was trying to say to you in the very next post.

What a strange interaction.

Could you kindly quote the sections of my posts that "slag you off"?

Also, why are you micro-analyzing what I'm posting? Move on, man.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man City were the real winners last night. We’re not good enough to win the league. 

I understand that point of view and I agree. I'd put Liverpool as top contenders now, Man City close 2nd.

But, if you get just a little optimistic, we are still 1 game away from going joint top. So we are in it. If this is our run of poor form, we will likely bounce back and get back to winning streaks. I highly doubt we will go below 2ppg.

At the same time, we are also 1 game away from going 5th. 

It looks like an exciting season with all top sides losing odd games, so with a little luck we are very much in it. Especially as we have Liverpool and Spurs at home. 

Title is in conversation, and not getting CL football would be disappointing at this stage for a slight optimist that I am. 

4 hours ago, Powehi said:

Sorry, but you're a poor coach if this is how you would move forward from what happened at Old Trafford.

Haha, I wasn't going to start bigging myself up but I'm far from a poor coach 😂

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Could you kindly quote the sections of my posts that "slag you off"?

Also, why are you micro-analyzing what I'm posting? Move on, man.

Ok, I’ll move on. It’s been a stressful week for Villa fans no doubt, and Villa fans we all are. Here’s hoping we put the Clarets to the sword so other teams’ results become less of a frustration for us all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We've got to get past this Burnley game and then we will have most of our big players back. 

It definitely hurts how we should have an extra 5 points and be top of the table now though. 😭

I just want Buendia back 😭

• Like 1