The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Don_Simon

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the European games, a school could buy a ticket for a teacher (Zone 4 - £25) and ten for the kids at £11 each - plus the £60 it takes to get the teacher into the Lower Grounds.

Total price £195.00 for taking 11 people to a football match with an all you can eat and drink buffet, and eleven programmes! It'd be £17.72 per person including the tickets!

A coke each, a burger, some chips, a couple of ice creams and the ticket is as good as free. :)

Most of the school kids I see kicking cans up the street by my house ain't gonna be happy with pop and ice cream, they'd be trying to get on the Artois and moaning they can't smoke or vape inside😄

• Haha 3

i hadnt realised but under 14s get in for free. If i compare it to a couple of hours in the fan zone it starts to become much more attractive. I think the biggest issue here is the loss of an area for season ticket holders. I think if this was brand new in a brand new space it would be much more accepted.

• Like 3

Although I'm not a fan of the new areas reducing the offering/services that supporters were previously getting when comparing the Lower Grounds to the Holte End Terrace the former seems better value.

Would consider it for a special occassion but is still expensive if your taking fussy kids over 14.

On 03/10/2023 at 18:45, OutByEaster? said:

For the European games, a school could buy a ticket for a teacher (Zone 4 - £25) and ten for the kids at £11 each - plus the £60 it takes to get the teacher into the Lower Grounds.

Total price £195.00 for taking 11 people to a football match with an all you can eat and drink buffet, and eleven programmes! It'd be £17.72 per person including the tickets!

A coke each, a burger, some chips, a couple of ice creams and the ticket is as good as free. :)

Good plan. I know quite a few U14 kids, I’m gonna bring them all with me next match 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Only season ticket holding u14s for free I believe.

A few questions on Twitter thinking the same but not mentioned by the OS in their Tweet (and) about it.

Tommy Jordan needs to have a word with himself cause the Comms are poor. I like him and he gets involved on Twitter at times to help put Journo's in their place. But the Comms coming from his department are sub par 

Perhaps my son could identify as a 12-year old for the odd game? :D I hope the club sticks with the idea of kids being admitted free with an adult, it is a great way of filling such a corporate area, for games that might otherwise not be sold out. 

• Like 2

I'll try and find some better details of it tomorrow but I've seen a picture of west hams version, due to the running track and the shape of the stands they've seemingly created a Heineken area on what would be the running track behind the goal

Its called the Heineken north scoreboard bar at London stadium

Everyone is at it not just us

I note with interest the ongoing issues that the Fulham supporters trust have with the pricing in their own stand. I don’t think I’ve seen the villa supporters trust or whoever represents the fans come out against these developments. You would think the residents in leafy Fulham would be okay with the prices compared to the industrial brummies 🤣

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I note with interest the ongoing issues that the Fulham supporters trust have with the pricing in their own stand. I don’t think I’ve seen the villa supporters trust or whoever represents the fans come out against these developments. You would think the residents in leafy Fulham would be okay with the prices compared to the industrial brummies 🤣

The Villa Trust released a public statement with questions to the club on pricing and hospitality a couple of months ago - it was in the Mail (or Birmingham Live or whatever it's called now) and may have been mentioned on the BBC. The club didn't respond.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Villa Trust released a public statement with questions to the club on pricing and hospitality a couple of months ago - it was in the Mail (or Birmingham Live or whatever it's called now) and may have been mentioned on the BBC. The club didn't respond.

was it shared online? physical media isnt that popular with the youth, it will pressure the club much more if its shared online via social media such as twitter etc....i think we as a fanbase havent been that vocal so a lot of the changes just happen and we shrug our shoulders, thats probably why the club can push a lot of this stuff. Obviously its another story if we become terrible on the pitch again, but luckily they have invested in the team which is paying off and hence the lack of pushback imo

Â