Midweek Football 18/21 September

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Old United would have taken Martinez from us and Kane from Spurs no problem. 

Man United used to be able to do what Bayern do and buy all the best players in the domestic league. They can't do that anymore and they've fallen apart as a result. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Man United used to be able to do what Bayern do and buy all the best players in the domestic league. They can't do that anymore and they've fallen apart as a result. 

But as you know, I'm sure, it's much more complicated than that! Some of the seemingly strengthening things that led to MU's success under Fergie are exactly what seem to have undermined the club today. Victims of their own success, in so many different ways. Fergie's canonisation during and after his management, Martin Edwards' inability to get the public company to stabilise, the attempted raid by Rupert Murdoch, the race-horse Rock of Gibraltar debacle -- everything that set up United for the Glazer takeover and the crap management in the 2010s was part of the rot. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Man, that GK looks poor. £45m on him? Yeesh. 

They’re absolutely awful in the transfer market. 

Should have kept DeGea. He was one of the Premier League's top keeper's last year. I kept saying this to my mate who likes United, and he wouldn't --- like most United fans -- hear any of that.

Â