January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Very similar players the both of them.

I would edge it towards Rogers because he has more room to grow and less baggage.

But I wouldn't be disappointed with Reyna and do think he fits into a Unai team.

image.jpeg.b023ba960feac74f51571433b2f4135f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AXD said:

Rumour in Belgium that we are pushing for Mandela Keita, 21y old DM from Antwerp. They need to balance their books, that’s why Vermeeren is also leaving mid season.

I thought he died in prison in the 80's?

13 minutes ago, AXD said:

Rumour in Belgium that we are pushing for Mandela Keita, 21y old DM from Antwerp. They need to balance their books, that’s why Vermeeren is also leaving mid season.

Another one that has played for 2 clubs already this season

We need to be looking to bring in players that are going to keep us in the top four i think thats the most sensible statement to make and Rogers is not someone I’m banking on to help achieve that, thats not saying he isn’t  good but we can wait until the summer for players like that… right now we need some beasts, Monchi needs to be more confident and go for some sensations ! 🤝

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Reyna is an incredibly talented young player and we don’t even have to pay a fee if he’s a loan, option to buy in summer if he does well, I’m amazed we’re favouring Rogers over Reyna.

They better hope they make the right decision.

Reyna is no better than Rogers and I’m not even keen on Rogers but thats just my opinion think we can find another machine elsewhere and stop restricting ourselves have a look in portugal or brazil must be some don dadas over there surely🤔

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Fitting that he has the McDonalds logo on his sleeve.

I rated Carruthers very highly back in 2011/12 … tipped him to be a star for us, i remember when he came on against  liverpool and held his own, put together crisp passes and all sorts but didnt get a good run of games unfortunately and i think thats all it takes sometimes getting regular minutes with top quality players. Because the drop can be damaging if that isn’t maintained 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I rated Carruthers very highly back in 2011/12 … tipped him to be a star for us, i remember when he came on against  liverpool and held his own, put together crisp passes and all sorts but didnt get a good run of games unfortunately and i think thats all it takes sometimes getting regular minutes with top quality players. Because the drop can be damaging if that isn’t maintained 

Think he's one of those that had issues off the pitch, was drunk at Cheltenham one year after he left us.

He did well in the lower leagues and Wilder then signed him for Sheffield United a year or two before they made the prem so that was his big chance but they quickly got rid of him.

1 hour ago, AXD said:

apparently he is only on loan at Antwerp

47 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I like Neuhaus, funnily enough I would have likened him to McGinn, but my concern is he also reminds me a little of Todd Cantwell.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn’t say he is a DCM, far from it. He’s more of a ball carrier 

Might not even be a target and I’m not familiar with him, but maybe a player who can be “moulded” into a more defensive type perhaps…

I’m just excited now that Donk has gone and over the possibility of a better or more suitable player coming in… having no real alternative for Kamara was the biggest issue or deficiency in the squad for me…

hopefully that gets addressed now and Unai gets a player he actually wants and rates… maybe from La Liga… maybe someone who hasn’t and won’t even get mentioned until we are close to completing the deal…

suppose we could do a loan with view to buy deal if we are restricted this window (again, I think this has been overblown though esp by fans who, let’s be honest, know very little at all about the state of club finances and FFP)…

I choose to spend the rest of the window in a state of anticipation and optimism… 

so much to play for and I cannot envisage us being in a weaker state once the deadline has passed… I expect us to attack the remainder of this season with force and in a more formidable state… especially with players returning from injury and recovering/improving form…

one or two key additions would make us even stronger…

Edited by Jas10

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

We need to be looking to bring in players that are going to keep us in the top four i think thats the most sensible statement to make and Rogers is not someone I’m banking on to help achieve that, thats not saying he isn’t  good but we can wait until the summer for players like that… right now we need some beasts, Monchi needs to be more confident and go for some sensations ! 🤝

Nope - that's not sustainable and everyone wants that type of player.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Might not even be a target and I’m not familiar with him, but maybe a player who can be “moulded” into a more defensive type perhaps…

I’m just excited now that Donk has gone and over the possibility of a better or more suitable player coming in… having no real alternative for Kamara was the biggest issue or deficiency in the squad for me…

hopefully that gets addressed now and Unai gets a player he actually wants and rates… maybe from La Liga… maybe someone who hasn’t and won’t even get mentioned until we are close to completing the deal…

suppose we could do a loan with view to buy deal if we are restricted this window (again, I think this has been overblown though esp by fans who, let’s be honest, know very little at all about the state of club finances and FFP)…

I choose to spend the rest of the window in a state of anticipation and optimism… 

so much to play for and I cannot envisage us being in a weaker state once the deadline has passed… I expect us to attack the remainder of this season with force and in a more formidable state… especially with players returning from injury and recovering/improving form…

one or two key additions would make us even stronger…

I don't see him being moulded into a DCM at all.

As for letting Donk go out on loan, I assume we are bringing someone in or of course we have just weakened ourselves.

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

Someone like Havertz for +£70m?

• Haha 1