January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Reyna is an incredibly talented young player and we don’t even have to pay a fee if he’s a loan, option to buy in summer if he does well, I’m amazed we’re favouring Rogers over Reyna.

They better hope they make the right decision.

maybe cus Reyna is know to be a bit of a knob, and Emery doesnt seem to like knobs.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Reyna is an incredibly talented young player and we don’t even have to pay a fee if he’s a loan, option to buy in summer if he does well, I’m amazed we’re favouring Rogers over Reyna.

They better hope they make the right decision.

We need homegrown players

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

New DM on the way? We needed one anyway, but with Dendoncker going it’s even more essential…

Could be an exciting signing upcoming…

Given we don't really have much room to spend it will probably be a loan on lower wages than Donk.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Id say him being very available and the only club in for him being forest on loan speaks volumes 

A lot of people are saying it’s a huge coup for Forest.

He has had many injuries but taking him on loan initially lessens the risk there. Mings had a lot of injuries before he joined us too for example.

I just feel passing up the opportunity to sign Reyna for Rogers is a weird move. Time will tell if I’m right.

Surprised we aren’t interested in Phillips on loan either. I don’t rate Phillips at all really but we need cover at holding midfield and he is probably the only feasible option out there that I can think of.

I’m really not convinced Iroegbunam is the answer if Kamara gets injured so I hope we are going to sign someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I thought we were only allowed to loan 2 players from abroad? If that’s true, then links to loaning Neuhaus must be bs.

2 per transfer window I think

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I thought we were only allowed to loan 2 players from abroad? If that’s true, then links to loaning Neuhaus must be bs.

Think it’s 4 in total, no more than 2 domestic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He wouldn't make starting XI. West Ham are paying 100% of his wages. £175k is high as our highest paid player. No thanks

If West Ham are paying him that then they are mad. Surprised they agreed to cover all his wages.

We do need someone in to replace Dendoncker though.

We need to replace Donk.

Ultimately with Kamara out over xmas he started at Old Trafford so while many might not rate him he was a good squad player to come in and start 4-5 games a season in a key position.

Kamara, Luiz and SJM might all be suspended before season is out so we can't risk going into games like Spurs or West Ham with lightweight midfields if one of those gets to 10 bookings around March or a straight red.

Not sure if we're allowed any more loans in the squad but I think as short term move someone like Gudelj from Sevilla would be a decent pick up. Monchi knows him and he can play as DM or in the backline and will surely want to get out of the mess there.

Then look at things again in the summer in that position.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We need to replace Donk.

Ultimately with Kamara out over xmas he started at Old Trafford so while many might not rate him he was a good squad player to come in and start 4-5 games a season in a key position.

Kamara, Luiz and SJM might all be suspended before season is out so we can't risk going into games like Spurs or West Ham with lightweight midfields if one of those gets to 10 bookings around March or a straight red.

Not sure if we're allowed any more loans in the squad but I think as short term move someone like Gudelj from Sevilla would be a decent pick up. Monchi knows him and he can play as DM or in the backline and will surely want to get out of the mess there.

Then look at things again in the summer in that position.

Whilst I agree we need cover for Kamara, whatever Donk provided for us this season I’d be amazed if Tim couldn’t do the same.  Selling Donk isn’t the issue. We needed cover for Kamara regardless. 

Rumour in Belgium that we are pushing for Mandela Keita, 21y old DM from Antwerp. They need to balance their books, that’s why Vermeeren is also leaving mid season.

According to recent reports and comments… we’re working on a one in, one out policy and the players that were available from our first team were Dendoncker (known to be available for some time now and not part of Unai’s plans), Chambers and Traore.

One has gone and freed up wages and a squad space and we badly needed a better alternative to Kamara anyway - this was exposed and highlighted during his 3 game suspension. Even more now.

The FFP thing is being blown out of proportion, as Unai said - we can sign players but only if they can actually help and improve us or are better than what we have. We’re not freeing up wages or spots in the squad for “compliance reasons”… it’s to bring in more suitable players…

I’m excited to see us bring in a player that Unai actually wants and who can give us more help for at least the rest of the season, hopefully beyond…

Looking forward to a new signing for that particular position… maybe even a loan with option to buy… but someone who will be better for us and for Unai…

If we can shift Chambers and possibly Berty… we may see one or two others arrive for the first team (not just youngsters or signings for the future)…

Don’t see why we would weaken the squad when we have so much to play for and I don’t believe that is the plan…

we still have over a week to complete our business and I expect it to be fairly busy…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1