January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Yeh. It’s from that Total Villa account that posts absolute nonsense and then links to a source that doesn’t even mention us. 

If it isn’t on Villareport or from me on here, it isn’t worth listening to. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That can't be true he would cost a bomb

£52 million release clause apparently - Would tie in with reports we will be looking for a top quality forward player next summer as he fits the bill perfectly … it’s silly season though now for clickbait - Insert name what top Spanish player can we be linked with as we have a Spanish Coaxh & sporting director … 

Edited by thabucks

11 hours ago, Tayls said:

I really don’t think we should be buying players from crappy websites. Certainly not ones which fail to have a suitable returns policy. 

Is he on Temu then?

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Weren't you just slagging off Total Villa yesterday about their Moreno post mate? 😂

It was the rumour that I was criticising (complete fabricated nonsense) but sure… I’ll slag this guy off too because he quotes any rumour from any source… the odd one might have some credence though…

He’s just aggregating links or rumours, they are not his own…

This is likely more BS but something or a player to discuss/debate at least…

Struggling to know what to post here tbh 😂

May as well shut the thread if we’re just gonna go with “no one knows who we’re signing, we aren’t signing anyone etc” but…

the complete BS, fake, senseless, stupid rumours are annoying too so

I’m lost

🤷‍♂️

😂

It’s at least good to have something to discuss I suppose…

what I probably enjoy most is theorising on players who might be good targets (quality and value), fit in with the transfer strategy we appear/seem to be employing, and discussing how they would fit into and improve that first 11 or the squad…

we tend to mostly just bring up PL based players and names here* though which would be exorbitant in terms of fees and wages and don’t seem to correlate with the setup we have and signings we’ve made… I don’t envisage us shelling out on massive fees and massive wages from within the same league (we don’t even have that capacity really) who wouldn’t even be starters or better than we have…. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable stance…

*Rather than the sorts of players Monchi and Unai would apparently target/prefer, my personal assumption is that we’re looking all over for the ideal combinations of value and quality… but if there’s a “star” or potential star player that could enhance our first 11, we may go for it if a reasonable deal can be negotiated… similarly to Pau and Diaby…

Nedeljkovic signing is a good indication of our plans too…

La Liga links seem more likely, considering Unai and Monchi’s experiences there, but again… they have to be financially feasible and reasonable…

and then… there’s FFP but… I don’t wanna go into that again 😂, n it’s difficult to know our exact situation with that 

oh well, it’s supposed to be a bit of fun isn’t it?

Right?

😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw a random story saying he was interested in Bert so, who knows.

That would surprise me because he basically treated him like shit here… clearly wasn’t a fan.

He hasn’t won a game there in 2 months and the noises were that he’s getting the sack…

Guess they’ve just foolishly bought into the name and hype (like we did 😅🥲😭🤦‍♂️😂) and think he can do something… dream on…

I’m wondering if he might target Digne, his mate Phil… how about Chambers?  Ok… maybe I’m dreaming too 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So it's probably BS, but he would walk straight into that left midfield position. Instant upgrade, and perfect for the role.

How long does he have left on his deal?

Known for being loyal and a “homeboy” (does that make sense? 😂) so may struggle to settle elsewhere or get homesick… especially abroad…

Surprised he’s left footed… but a LW…

we do love our left footed players 😂

Sociedad have some great players that would be very welcome here… 

but must have a host of clubs interested in most of them…

Who are the real up and coming stars/talents in Spain/La Liga that we could realistically target and afford?

High potential, low initial cost perhaps…

Just get the impression that we mostly want players that can be future stars, that wouldn’t cost too much, not need to be paid too heavily to begin with, rather than expensive established players (unless we can strike a good deal and it genuinely makes our first XI better… maybe we nab someone on an expiring contract a la Kamara).

Pau and Diaby would probably be seen as players capable of or having the potential to reach an elite kind of level… 

But we seem to be looking for younger players too…

Moleiro was a player that was linked to us in the past… 

Williams would be too expensive and unlikely to leave…

Kubo has been mentioned in the past…

Edited by Jas10