January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would be a good loan move to get some PL experience at a mid-table PL club 🤣

Whilst hindering their chances of catching us. Sounds like a great idea tbh.

(It's a load of nonsense amd isn't remotely happening of course)

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Are we doing a Brighton now like everybody wanted?  Will people still be annoyed when these players aren't PL ready for another couple of seasons?  Judging by the responses in the Duran thread... 🤣

Brighton aren't and never will compete for the title. They're 100% a feeder club and they make handsome profits from that being their business model.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Brighton aren't and never will compete for the title. They're 100% a feeder club and they make handsome profits from that being their business model.

Probably not but they could if they carry on with the same transfer success for a few years be a top 6 team every year.

i doubt the owners are banking these profits, I assume they are paying off their ground or whatever.

• Like 1

Bergwijn seems to be attracting interest from West Ham.....could be a good cheap option for us, would be a good alternative to Bailey/Diaby for certain games and also seems like a good impact player from the bench, sure unai could improve his game a few levels too. Scored some important goals for spurs in his time here but like GLC (until recently) seemed to be underutilised

46 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Probably not but they could if they carry on with the same transfer success for a few years be a top 6 team every year.

i doubt the owners are banking these profits, I assume they are paying off their ground or whatever.

Payoff off ground is stilL banking profits the same way as paying off your mortgage gets you closer to fully owning your home.

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And when we do sign someone like that (Duran), they get dogs abuse for not being good enough.

Abuse seems very strong language. Has Duran ever been treated especially badly by our supporters? I haven't seen that, but maybe I missed the posts, etc. I can't think of any player at any club who doesn't prompt fan complaints when they miss chances. Can't see that ending. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Terrible mentality

Think it's pragmatic. Even disregarding the minimal risk he might be called into the army there is sadly the added terror threat with signing a Israeli player atm. Add to that the highly sensitive nature of this conflict which might lead to tensions in the squad. It also might reflect poorly towards certain groups of fans and sponsors we are trying to attract (might be a positive for others). And there might even be a situation like the one currently in Turkey where Antalyaspor Israeli player Sagiv Jehezkel was arrested (obviously won't happen in England) for showing what they considered to be a pro war message when celebrating a goal. They just signed him in September and I doubt he'll play for them again as they are looking at terminating the contract.

Not saying that any of this is right, just saying there are risks involved.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I remember Smith-Rowe, he was seen as pretty promising way back when Dean Smith was manager for us.

I think Dean wanted to buy him because he was Dean Smiths lovechild with Erika Rowe hence he was christened Smith Rowe.

• Like 1

Only way we’d want to sign ESR is a loan with option/obligation to buy, as an outright transfer would be too much for us right now with FFP. Arsenal would never sanction this kind of deal to a top 4 rival. Think this is just pure speculation.