January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If I’m buying some kid for 20m then he had better be of a higher profile than this lad

He's playing in the Champions League at 18 and performing well at that level and he's being scouted by every top team in Europe. His profile is pretty high. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If I’m buying some kid for 20m then he had better be of a higher profile than this lad

There isn't a higher profile kid. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He's arguably the highest profile u-18 in Europe. 

That high enough for you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

zaire emery 😶 

maybe lamine yamal too

but yeah us signing him would be a stand up and take notice signing for sure, would be a lot of jealous talk across various message boards and social media

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, burchy said:

If we’re after another left footed winger then Johan Bakayoko would be it for me.

Doubt we are though as we’re stacked there. 

That is the most newgen name I've ever heard - are you sure he's real? 😅

EDIT - just seen his full name is Saint-Cyr Johan Bakayoko - incredible name

Edited by lexicon

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That is the most newgen name I've ever heard - are you sure he's real?

He's as real as Graham NGanga Wickeramasinghe Blasckowicz.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Far rather have the lad from anderlecht is it? Vermeeren?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

zaire emery 😶 

maybe lamine yamal too

but yeah us signing him would be a stand up and take notice signing for sure, would be a lot of jealous talk across various message boards and social media

Yeah there is a handful who are higher profile and likely higher ceiling than him, but most of them are already at PSG, Barca, Bayern and so on. 

We could do a lot worse than snag Roony and Lucas Bergvall before they get their next moves. After that it will not be financially viable for us. Both of them looks to be generational talents by Swedish standards although you can't really say with kids that young.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Far rather have the lad from anderlecht is it? Vermeeren?

One is a DCM/CM and the other a RW/AM. 

If we're looking to snap up some FM wonderkids, then Antonio Nusa should be top of the list.  Right footed left sided winger, something we are severely lacking in the squad.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we're looking to snap up some FM wonderkids, then Antonio Nusa should be top of the list.  Right footed left sided winger, something we are severely lacking in the squad.

Nico Williams still right at the top of my wish list if his new contract still has that low release clause the old one did.

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Nico Williams still right at the top of my wish list if his new contract still has that low release clause the old one did.

Isn’t he on about 180k a week though now, not sure we’d be able to match that as it would make him the highest paid player at the club. (Even more than Digne)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Isn’t he on about 180k a week though now, not sure we’d be able to match that as it would make him the highest paid player at the club. (Even more than Digne)

Ah OK good for him. Yeah then he's not an option.

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

He's playing in the Champions League at 18 and performing well at that level and he's being scouted by every top team in Europe. 

Yeah but he's not famous enough....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah there is a handful who are higher profile and likely higher ceiling than him, but most of them are already at PSG, Barca, Bayern and so on. 

We could do a lot worse than snag Roony and Lucas Bergvall before they get their next moves. After that it will not be financially viable for us. Both of them looks to be generational talents by Swedish standards although you can't really say with kids that young.

What about those better Norwegian ones halseth nypan and nusa? 

😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

What about those better Norwegian ones halseth nypan and nusa? 

😉

They'll likely be great as long as they are allowed to use their Asthma medications :D 

Have no idea about Norwegian youth football tbh.

Edited by sne