January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

5 hours ago, MSvillain said:

The annual Jonathan David link has come early this year, no idea on the reliability of the source!

Maybe I'm being a bit ignorant but this guy seems to get touted around everywhere each window but still is playing in a poor league,  can he really be that good?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Adman said:

I mentioned it a and got shot down.  I think the FIFA generation look at anyone over 27 who's not Linford Christie (Google it) as totally useless.

I think he could do a job as cover at CM and would be positive for the dressing room.  I'd only be behind it if we could do it on the cheap though

Henderson is finished and is struggling in the mighty Saudi Pro League and is also an absolute dickhead we dont need in our squad. I couldnt support him if he signed

Dendoncker would probably outpace him as it is

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Maybe I'm being a bit ignorant but this guy seems to get touted around everywhere each window but still is playing in a poor league,  can he really be that good?

He is fine but he really wouldnt improve us. He would be decent for a Brentford or Palace

12 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I think he’d do well in the premier league but people are just put off with regards to the price that Lille would want for him.

58 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think he’d do well in the premier league but people are just put off with regards to the price that Lille would want for him.

As I said earlier entering the last 18 months of his contract so maybe they’ll look to cash in whilst he retains some value. Think he would be a great asset to any team like ours with his pace and obvious quality. 

• Like 2

From the bits I've read and seen from people who've watched him more, they describe him as similar to Ollie, but with a higher ceiling?

Jonathan David that is.

If true, having two Ollie's would be pretty ⚡⚡⚡

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

No way I’ve actually googled him expecting for stats to fly up and it bloody said fictional character🤦🏽‍♂️ honestly you lot 🤣

I hope nobody looked up Bilbo Baggez from Universidad de Chile..

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I like that this is a two stage post, but wasn't edited.

So you wrote you were pretty sure, checked, confirmed, posted. The tension was palpable after the first full stop.

Indeed. I was bricking it

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

David is the new B. McCarthy. Every window. 

Finkel is Einhorn.

Jonathan David is a man!

🥲

Ahem…

But Emery, who rejected the chance to sign another striker last January after selling Danny Ings, yesterday claimed to be happy with the existing dynamic up front while also stressing the difficulty of signing a player to compete with Watkins, who has started every league match in 2023.“

To improve on these two strikers, with the circumstances we have, is very, very difficult,” he said.

“Who is (the) striker? Tell me names. I am trying to make sense of the circumstances and how we can improve because Ollie Watkins is playing well and improving.

“We have another young player who is very good for the management with Ollie because he is progressively getting better, can play when not Watkins and can also play with him.

“How we can add another player and manage with the circumstances we have now, is very difficult.”

The boss continued: “When I arrived here one year ago his position was in doubt. A lot of people had doubts about Ollie Watkins.

"He was working, working, working, was very demanding with himself and now he has ended any doubts about him.

"We added one young player, Jhon Duran, but of course he needs time.

"We are trying to support and help him. I speak a lot to him because I know it is not easy to add something to improve on Ollie Watkins.

"So we are trying to manage the squad but it is very difficult to sign one player who will improve us in these circumstances. It is even more difficult in this transfer window.

"Last year for example we were thinking about a lot of things in January but the most important thing we did was to reduce the numbers of the squad.

“We were successful with the players we had and now it is the same.”

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/2023/12/30/manager-unai-emery-outlines-aston-villa-transfer-window-difficulty/

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Werner on loan with a £15m buy option is a great deal for Spurs. Shame.

Our season is us v them.

He's been completely shit and not just at Chelsea but ever since. Why so many on here want to give Spurs a gobby at the drop of a hat.

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's been completely shit and not just at Chelsea but ever since. Why so many on here want to give Spurs a gobby at the drop of a hat.

What a weird post. Gives off real sense of mania.

How many games have you seen him play since the start of 2022/23 season to form this opinion?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What a weird post. Gives off real sense of mania.

How many games have you seen him play since the start of 2022/23 season to form this opinion?

He's injured or benched most of this season but you think 15m loan to buy deal is great for 27 year old but rubbishing 3 years younger Zaniolo for 10m more( assuming it's more, I've seen less mentioned)after scoring twice recently all comps

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From the bits I've read and seen from people who've watched him more, they describe him as similar to Ollie, but with a higher ceiling?

Jonathan David that is.

If true, having two Ollie's would be pretty ⚡⚡⚡

Pretty much, he is more technically gifted though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Jonathan David 5 goals and 1 assist in 17 Ligue 1 games. What's all the fuss about? 

Victor Boniface seems more prolific 

24 last year and tbf I never look at goals to game ratio. Best to look per 90 or even better goal involvements per 90

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope nobody looked up Bilbo Baggez from Universidad de Chile..

:ph34r:

Problem with him is that he can be a bit invisible on the pitch at times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1