January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t he say “…unless we find a good deal?”

Pretty sure it was Ollie is number one and thats end of it or something along them lines when it came to a striker

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So then. Felipe Anderson. Strange link. 

(but from a very reliable reporter)

I doubt Wham would want him back on free. Blew so hot and cold for them. If this is likely then I guess we don't have much FFP wiggle room as has been speculated by several pundits. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I doubt Wham would want him back on free. Blew so hot and cold for them. If this is likely then I guess we don't have much FFP wiggle room as has been speculated by several pundits. 

Could well be true on the FFP front. I imagine the Forest/Everton situation has clubs spooked. I read that Newcastle are apparently tight on FFP too. 

We’ve been good with a lot of our transfer fees. I know Torres, Buendia, Diaby, Bailey cost a bit (amongst others) but Tielemans, Kamara, Luiz, Konsa, Martinez, McGinn were all signed for nothing or minimal money. 

Can’t comment on Felipe A as not seen him play at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t comment on Felipe A as not seen him play at all. 

You probably did in the 0-0 home draw against Wham first season back in PL

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seems like “reports” or rumours coming out of Italy or Italian media are usually BS and false… seen it many times.

I’d be shocked if we went for as poor a player as Anderson who never impressed the last time he played in the PL and is older and probably worse now…

Would be completely pointless… we already have much better players at the club. And I don’t envisage us bringing in inferior players, especially in attack… rather upgrade if at all possible or stick with what we have and develop and improve them… and/or go for talented youngsters with huge/high potential…

Ngonge is probably also complete BS aswell… tried to just ignore it…

We simply don’t need “bodies” and I’m sure we are only looking at the highest possible quality we can bring in… when and where it is possible, that might not even be in this window…

As usual, we are going to have to see a lot of crap and try n filter through it to get anything resembling any actual truth or credence…

I don’t think we have FFP problems and certainly not to the extent anyone would be speculating about… we have intelligent and serious football people at the club nowadays…

not like you to believe in any speculation btw! 😆

Edited by Jas10

3 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

* Dele Alli (27, Everton). He's probably an ex-player at this point. But Unai might be able to revive him

The Lord god above would find it hard to revive that lump😅

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Could well be true on the FFP front. I imagine the Forest/Everton situation has clubs spooked. I read that Newcastle are apparently tight on FFP too. 

Yeah it could well be. Time to start operation pure profit. Start iroegbunam and Filip Marschall on Saturday

9 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The Lord god above would find it hard to revive that lump😅

He probably would considering the traumatic baggage he's at to carry around with him. Not really that hard to have a little sympathy. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Or it's more of the same strategy as we've gone after lots of free transfers over last two windows landing two big ones in Kamara and Tielemans. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Or it's more of the same strategy as we've gone after lots of free transfers over last two windows landing two big ones in Kamara and Tielemans. 

Kamara and Tielemans are decent though. Anderson never really impressed me in PL 4-5 years ago

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kamara and Tielemans are decent though. Anderson never really impressed me in PL 4-5 years ago

Yeah don't know about Anderson specifically. Just that is going after free transfers is smart strategy and it'll continue. 

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Let Anderson go to Juve and let’s take a proper player like Chiesa off their hands 😂

Anderson has been playing better than Chiesa in recent seasons

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd trust Unai tbh, I fancy he would thrive a bit more under him than Moyes.  I'm not sure about the timelines but I believe he got 9 league goals when Pellegrini was West Ham manager then barely played when he left.  That's not a bad output for an attacking midfielder in his first season.  I don't think his wages are that high either.