January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That just emphasizes my point how important he is. If City lost Rodri I would write them off for the title and you can't easily cover that. Some players just need to play bulk minutes and you cross fingers they stay fit and healthy

It would certainly lower their odds......My kind of player....so,so influential and hard to negate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Give him the keys to the kingdom. He can sign whoever he wants. I trust this manager with my life and more.

is he a heart surgeon in his spare time?.....I knew he was special.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

is it Double Diamond......"it works wonders"

Double Diamond - how time has flown! I even remember “beer at home means Davenport’s”. In the age of “Euro-fizz” I still prefer a good English beer; draught I like Robinson’s when up in Cheshire/South Manchester, and Bishop’s Finger by Shepherd Neme in a bottle. Back home I’m happy with Marston’s Pedigree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

I agree he's been good this season, but I think it'll just come down to finances more than anything: he's one of our highest earners, 30, and will most likely be second fiddle to Moreno once he's up and running again.

If we want someone better than Moreno, it'll cost us more than keeping Digne at the club. If we want someone cheaper than Digne, it'll likely mean having someone not as good as him or older etc. It doesn't make financial sense to go through the rigmarole of replacing him IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Double Diamond - how time has flown! I even remember “beer at home means Davenport’s”. In the age of “Euro-fizz” I still prefer a good English beer; draught I like Robinson’s when up in Cheshire/South Manchester, and Bishop’s Finger by Shepherd Neme in a bottle. Back home I’m happy with Marston’s Pedigree.

being an ex publican.....Beer is close to my heart.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we want someone better than Moreno, it'll cost us more than keeping Digne at the club. If we want someone cheaper than Digne, it'll likely mean having someone not as good as him or older etc. It doesn't make financial sense to go through the rigmarole of replacing him IMO. 

I think to get one, who can attack and defend in equal measure, is certainly going to cost a lot.

I think Lucas Digne has done a sterling job, in the absence of Moreno, but both are more attack minded, than defensive.

As probably been mentioned over the last few pages, a RB in January is surely a must now?

Konsa is much better at CB, and I don't mind Cash but he definitely shouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot.  Take this opportunity to upgrade on Cash and let him fight for his place. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm i dont think thats that big a issue tbh

Getting ings off the books was vital 

In last 2 years we signed Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos, Tielemans, Torres, Lenglet, Donk and a few others plus improved contracts for Ollie, Emi, Mings etc have probably increased the wages by about 2 million a week

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think to get one, who can attack and defend in equal measure, is certainly going to cost a lot.

I think Lucas Digne has done a sterling job, in the absence of Moreno, but both are more attack minded, than defensive.

We have 2 30 year old left backs and one of them will be replaced with a younger model within the next season and a half. Digne is the most likely to be moved simply because his wages are double Moreno's. But that makes him a harder sell.

Dignes form so far has been very good, so I think the management see it as making him an easier sell, as having a 30 year old left back on 120k per week with Villas revenue isn't sound financial business. If we get a good offer for Digne we will sell.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In last 2 years we signed Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos, Tielemans, Torres, Lenglet, Donk and a few others plus improved contracts for Ollie, Emi, Mings etc have probably increased the wages by about 2 million a week

Are we paying coutinhos wagss? I doubt it thats surely was one of the conditions of the loan

Cant imagine lenglet and donk being on high wages

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are we paying coutinhos wagss? I doubt it thats surely was one of the conditions of the loan

Cant imagine lenglet and donk being on high wages

Spurs paid 7 million of Lenglet salary last season and is apparently on 12 million a year

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2023 at 00:45, Kiwivillan said:

Why? He's no different from a player like Rodri at City who played 4476 mins all comps last season equivalent 50 x 90 min games. He plays when avaliable because he's so good. I'm sure likes of Salah and Son etc etc play big mins across all comps. Probably miss meaningless rubbish like Carabao Cup

Rodri literally said you can only do that 1 season. Multiple in a row and you're cooked

• Like 1