January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

I think we have a good chance to improve even without spending big in January. We’d know more where are we by then, with hopefully Ramsey and Moreno being back to action. 
We could improve in different areas, but what could be our priorities? 
A right back could be a good idea, then not sure what? Possibly a potentially good talented winger, who might be as Duran getting some minutes. 
If we made it in the FA cup and won our first game, and hopefully won the group, we’d still need more rotations.

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Greggs evans reckons he was our first choice in the summer, I wonder will we look for him in January 

Doubt it, everything he’s been saying recently even with supposed interest from the big Spanish two clubs, never mind the interest from the PL points towards him wanting to extend his time where he is and he’s just waiting for the right contract from his club.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Doubt it, everything he’s been saying recently even with supposed interest from the big Spanish two clubs, never mind the interest from the PL points towards him wanting to extend his time where he is and he’s just waiting for the right contract from his club.

Agree.

But.

I'd have 100% thought we had 0% chance of Kamara on a free.

Williams isn't at the consistent level Kamara was mind. Club would have to weigh up whether to go mega dosh in on him.

I don't think it's impossible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Agree.

But.

I'd have 100% thought we had 0% chance of Kamara on a free.

Williams isn't at the consistent level Kamara was mind. Club would have to weigh up whether to go mega dosh in on him.

I don't think it's impossible.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with us, he just doesn’t want to leave his club, which isn’t surprising given that club and their history with their players. I don’t think he’ll go even if it was Barca, Madrid or a PL club.  That Bilbao and Basque upbringing just means players are less likely to leave and Nico keeps hinting he wants to stay whatever.  So I don’t think it’s anything about us or what we do.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:47, Made In Aston said:

Surely we must be after a new backup keeper, with Olsen now frozen out of cup games. I'd like us to go for another RB and ST because of Duran's recent issues. 

Olsen is an absolute disaster of a keeper. I'm genuinely surprised it took another cup exit for the club to realise he can not play, in our system, at any cost. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Olsen is an absolute disaster of a keeper. I'm genuinely surprised it took another cup exit for the club to realise he can not play, in our system, at any cost. 

That Sevilla keeper looks good but would he leave to sit on the bench as backup?

44 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A really good right back please. A defensive mid on loan . And if i am being greedy a goalie. I still think that we might sell Digne due to the wages and bring Acuna in. 

Digne is a funny one. I was saying we should sell to offload wages at the start of the season but honestly, he’s been superb so far and one of the major reasons we’ve started so well. 

I don’t know what the future holds for him but his performances this year have made me a look little silly. 

I think we will look to upgrade on both fullbacks in the Summer which will not be easy. Cash has also been very good so far. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That Sevilla keeper looks good but would he leave to sit on the bench as backup?

Back up keeper isn’t that hard you just get an experienced pro prob over 32 which isn’t old in goalkeeper terms who is super professional and wants a good contract

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A really good right back please. A defensive mid on loan . And if i am being greedy a goalie. I still think that we might sell Digne due to the wages and bring Acuna in. 

You aren’t greedy enough I want to buy that DM and sell donk/Olsen