January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

8 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

How about Liam Delap from Man City for the other forward option. Big potential, doing well on loan at Hull. Seen the success of Cole Palmer at Chelsea, I think Delap is next to break out. 

Probably would cost £20 Million.

Why £20m when palmer cost £40m (?)

Archer showed more imo

And tbf I think we've got Ollie, duran and then Wilson, would be better if Wilson was 2 years further along but it's coming

3 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

It's a business and that's a handsome profit. You buy 2 new players for that.

Us finishing in the Champions League is also part of the business. again why would we derail our season by selling our best striker and then trying fit in new players to the system

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It just shows a video of Tammy Abraham, what’s the connection there?

I'm farting about tbh but I could see us potentially bring him back if he comes back from injury well. I heard we had a deal for him in place before he got injured which if it was the case then we may go back in for him. Pure speculation.

As for Watkins no way we would sell him for £100m, unless there's a release clause which I seriously doubt, Sawiris doesn't want a repeat of Grealish situation, and in addition to that I doubt Arsenal would bid that much anyway, I have my doubts they would even want him at all, not a comment on Watkins' ablility, just doesn't seem quite their type of player. I don't think Watkins would be looking for a move either. I'd be very surprise if he wasn't a VIlla player next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm farting about tbh but I could see us potentially bring him back if he comes back from injury well. I heard we had a deal for him in place before he got injured which if it was the case then we may go back in for him. Pure speculation.

He got 9 goals in 55 games last season before his injuries. He isnt near our level

Delap isn't that good, will probably be Championship striker at best, which isn't bad as it goes, but obviously we need better and already have in fact, truth be told I'm not even sure if he's better than Barry, albeit Barry a different type of forward. He will probably get sold to a Championship club next summer, can only see him getting a Premier League move if Hull get promotion.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He got 9 goals in 55 games last season before his injuries. He isnt near our level

After what you've witnessed Emery do with our squad and the individuals in it and you say that 😂. Unai could do wonders for someone like TA. He also brings something different to our forward line. Your forgetting it's not that long ago he was doing really well when Zaniolo was at Roma. Maybe Monchi wants to reunite them under Unai. I wouldn't be against that to improve our squad. Like I said I'm only speculating but I would never be adverse to someone like TA coming back as an option. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Why £20m when palmer cost £40m (?)

Archer showed more imo

And tbf I think we've got Ollie, duran and then Wilson, would be better if Wilson was 2 years further along but it's coming

Liam Delap isn't hyped as much as Cole Palmer. Palmer had a brilliant u21 tournament for England and played well for Man City against Arsenal in the community shield. This created a hype. 

Liam Delap was close to signing for Southampton for around £20 Million last season 

Liam Delap is more suited to the PL and Villa and way more proven than Archer at youth level. Delap is the second highest ever goalscorer ever at PL2 level with 32 Goals in 32 Games. Now recently scored 2 goals in 3 games for the U21's

We aren't signing a striker to replace Watkins that's gonna be near enough impossible, but signing the next big thing striker would be clever in my opinion.

• Like 1