Transfer window success rate. Marks out of 10.

BOF

Pick one  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

8. Lack of a striker or two has been the only down side. I'm not overly disappointed...but it would have been nice to round off a good summer with a striker. I'd have settled for Doyle as it would have given us another option up front. Looking at Jan I would like to think a world class striker and a real creative midfielder would be the targets to improve us.

6-7

Lets be honest we had to have a decent window, MON had got rid of alot of our players and we had the smallest squad in the league! Its doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what needed to happen.

Good players though, pleased with who we have brought in, concerning forward issue but thats for another thread.

I´ve gone for a 7...mainly because I think Villa lack creativity and still a player in the central area that has great presence that put fear at oppositional teams.

We are far too easy to read with Ashley Young exceptional good in the team and if he is cut out of business much of our creativity is gone. The attack needs sharpening and more creativity. We are very fragile in attack if we lose Carew on injury.

I am happy with the signings done this summer...but I feel that Villa lacks creativity and we could have done slightly better in the transfer market.

8/10 for me.

We have definitely improved our team and it is a very good one. I still think we are better than most teams in the league and are good enough for a top 6 finish and some cup runs - I would not of been able to say that before the window opened. MON has done a good job and I have never been more proud to be a Villa fan.

Let's just keep an eye on the league table before we get carried away with other clubs ability. Robinho, for all the money in the world might just bomb in the Premier League, we have bought proven PL players and one SPL player who was too good for that league. We are in for a good ride.

Good job :thumb:

the lack of a forward means is gets knocked down to a 8

ditto, although from a starting point of 9, the lack of a striker means a drop to 6 from me.

Milner is a forward ian, no? :winkold:

I gave an 8 because we never got a striker, i went down to a 7 for loseing Maloney but gave them a point back for keeping Barry.

Seems nothing compared to what Man city spent / can spend but although i am happy with how we are going about things i feel that the Premier League has now been ruined.

MON had got rid of alot of our players and we had the smallest squad in the league! Its doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what needed to happen.

It might not have taken a rocket scientist to figure out what needed to happen but there were plenty on here who predicted it wouldn't happen and that MON couldn't make it happen.

I'll give it an 8, barry is still here, and we have improved in nearly all areas apart from upfront.

We have a squad capable of cementing our position in the top 6 and providing a good run in europe.

Question,

If we had done this poll on day one of the window with a list of those we bought (and sold) and asked for a rating how many would have gone below 9 or 10

We started to get greedy and are marking displeasure at not having anything to crow about on deadline day

Get a Grip :bang:

Question,

If we had done this poll on day one of the window with a list of those we bought (and sold) and asked for a rating how many would have gone below 9 or 10

We started to get greedy and are marking displeasure at not having anything to crow about on deadline day

Get a Grip :bang:

I think there are a lot of realistic votes but i also think some have slipped into the trap of using Man city as a bench mark.

8, and on a general note I'd like to point out that I'm pleased to see so many people happy with the window this summer, because it could mean we might be able to concentrate on the season, the matches, MON's tactics, idiot refereeing and so on and so forth, instead of getting a whole new year of "we haven't got a right back or a right winger" or "we had the chance, but blew it again" which generally only leads to negativity, petty bickering and personal abuse.

I genuinely think that the general tone of the place will be a lot better this season, and I'm happy for that.

Lets all unite in our unanimous hatred towards clubs like Liverpool and Man.City :winkold:

Â