Transfer window success rate. Marks out of 10.

BOF

Pick one  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

7 for me. Happy with the signings we made but i'm taking points off mainly for the fact we sold Maloney and to make matters worse didn't buy a striker, also none of the signings we got have got my pulse racing.

So lack of a striker and no exciting players signed are downfalls for me.

Sums it up for me too.

3/10 for me, we have a right back for 6m where we could and should have one that will stay long term and look more threatening going forward, Luke young is a 2-3m player and not all that great defensively. No backup for him

Cuellar for 8m seems a bit much for a backup defender and im very sceptical about scottish league stars, they rarely do anything in england.

4m Shorey a solid enough buy, he looks a shad of what he used to be,perhaps he is adapting.

12m Milner rip off and that amount could have got us a leading foreign talent or two

Sidwell 5m im not too keen on him, he doesnt really offer us any more than Petrov or NRC

No forward bought...

Brad Guzan - for the amount we paid thats wonderful! I feel bad for Taylor he doesnt do much wrong

Brad Friedel - Good keeper and I know he is old but 2.5m for 2 years good service is good, its about time we had a keeper that looks solid

I think that all he solved was the goal keeping crisis for me, vastly over spent on the players he brought in and we still lack that cutting edge player in case young is injured or just stamped out of a game

9 from me. It would have been a perfect 10 had we got another forward through the doors. But i'm very pleased with what we've managed to bring in.

Prior to the additions of Luke Young and Nicky Shorey, I wasn't very positive. But he pulled it out of the bag, especially with the signings of James Milner and Brad Friedel, top quality.

Big well done to Martin and the board.

9 from me. It would have been a perfect 10 had we got another forward through the doors. But i'm very pleased with what we've managed to bring in.

Prior to the additions of Luke Young and Nicky Shorey, I wasn't very positive. But he pulled it out of the bag, especially with the signings of James Milner and Brad Friedel, top quality.

Big well done to Martin and the board.

What he said. I can understand some of the arguments for lower marks but anything below 6 is hard for me to comprehend. If we didn't need to fill positions then we wouldn't have signed players and thus we would not have bought anyone. Therefore in my opinion, by filling the positions we needed to with players who I think have genuine quality - even Young, we have done very good business.

Would you have picked Milner over Bentley, personally not

Would you have picked Young over Ferreira or Miguel , maybe Miguel for me, but not PF

Would you have picked Freidal over lets say - Cudducini, or even Robinson, personally not

Bentley has not been wonderful at Spurs so far and needs to do more.

Young is a very good right back regardless.

Robinson already made mistakes for Blackburn this season and we also got Guzan who can learn a lot from Friedel.

Who the hell has given it a 4. Is that a piss take!?

Yeah that's what I was thinking! :?

Well I gave it a 5 for the simple reason that I don't think the players we've brought in are of sufficient quality to put us any higher than 6th or 7th in the prem. Also the vital signings of full backs are clearly not first choice signings but back up plans. Young is only here because we couldn't get Miguel after previously missing out on Boswinga and Shorey was a panic buy because we had no back up for Bouma (albeit both of them are decent players if not exactly exciting).

I would have prefered SWP over Milner and think we could have got him if we'd acted sooner (although I suspect all along MON wanted Milner ahead of him).

Also the lack of a forward signing means no competition for Gabby again, who albeit scoring at present, will struggle as the season goes on and undoubtedly become a target for the fans ire when we fail to score in games. Oh and we still have Harewood at the club :cry: .

However saying that I think we have good competition in CM Sidwell a decent signing as is Cueller who also offers good competition at CD.

a 5, your entitled to your opinion but your talking crap. Are Full-backs supposed to be exciting? We aren't Brazil you know with Cafu and Carlos bombing down each side. SWP scores two goals and now he's the best thing since sliced bread. We have a decent squad with depth, We are down a striker but i have no doubt this will be corrected in January.

a 5, your entitled to your opinion but your talking crap. Are Full-backs supposed to be exciting? We aren't Brazil you know with Cafu and Carlos bombing down each side. SWP scores two goals and now he's the best thing since sliced bread. We have a decent squad with depth, We are down a striker but i have no doubt this will be corrected in January.

I've seen quite a few of your posts Maradona10 and to be frank you appear to be a bit reactionary who can't accept anyone else's opinion. As for exciting full backs, yes I think ultimately you would want them. However I'm not saying that they shouldn't be able to defend. To me an exciting full back is solid defensively and good going forward.

As for SWP we'll see over the next season I suppose. I just think he's a better player than Milner and it's not because he scored 2 goals. I was saying this in the Milner or SWP thread before we bought Milner and SWP went to City.

Well your view is your view, if you feel 5 is what our summer spending deserves. In my opinion it is harsh. Also on this topic, shouldn't the success rate be dependant at the end of the season as it seems to me most of the opinions on here are due to excitement. But hey thats my view and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

a 5, your entitled to your opinion.

Hope you read that from my previous message, because i think somehow you missed it.

Â