Clément Lenglet

Tom13

I might be being harsh but the more he has to start and I have to watch him the less I like. 

Wasn't so bad when he'd just pop in for the European games but just not keen on him. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Was poor tonight tbh. It is what it is. He’ll be gone soon.

Quite simply, he’s not Pau Torres

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Chelsea really targeted him first half and he got found out. Second half they ran out of steam in the press a bit and he improved as did the rest of the team. 

not saying he's a "bad player", but i find it amazing that a fairly decent/ok-ish player like Lenglet, can go to a club like Barcelona and earn 250k p/w.

madness.

I actually think Lenglet is the best deputy for Pau that we could hope for. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if we tried to sign him permanently. 

Mings does not fulfill the role that Pau does despite being left footed, and without that type of player in the team, it would change how we play significantly. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Mings does not fulfill the role that Pau does despite being left footed, and without that type of player in the team, it would change how we play significantly. 

Mings improved his distribution quite a lot before his injury.  I'd be much happier with him deputising Pau. Yes, whilst his distribution may only be a margin better or worse than Lenglets, everything else he brings is an improvement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Mings improved his distribution quite a lot before his injury.  I'd be much happier with him deputising Pau. Yes, whilst his distribution may only be a margin better or worse than Lenglets, everything else he brings is an improvement.

Mings is out for the season though 😂

5 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Agree, he's actually a really solid player to have as back up, which is evidenced by the all the clubs who have been trying to take him off our hands during January.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Mings is out for the season though 😂

Well obviously ... 😜 

The post I replied to implied that Lenglet'd be a better option than Mings ignoring the injury, maybe that isn't what they meant though so you could have a point!

Lenglet is fine, and better than any other 4th choice CB in the league probably, but he's a huge step down from Pau :(.

• Like 1

Â