Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

2 hours ago, turnbull said:

Apart from looking like a face eater, I reckon he'd fit in the Argentina rugby team pretty well, probably as a forward. Scary man. 

Not so sure about being big enough for the pack. Looks ideal as scrum half.

55 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Not so sure about being big enough for the pack. Looks ideal as scrum half.

I reckon he could do a job at 8. Could jackal in a ruck pretty well, low C of G and all. 

17 minutes ago, turnbull said:

I reckon he could do a job at 8. Could jackal in a ruck pretty well, low C of G and all. 

17 minutes ago, turnbull said:

He’s certainly rough/tough enough to take on that challenge but back in the day the best No. 8 (we called it Lock then) was Dean Richard’s who is 6’ 3” and 19 st fighting weight. Not sure how he would face up to that.

I would not have identified Acuna as a player we needed in a million years, but now we definitely know that a strong man is needed in our defence.

It reinforces what I already believe about Monchi and Emery .... They are totally committed to finding the right players and putting together a top six (four?) team.

I'm making no judgements on any of our players for the result against Newcastle. When two of your "special family" are struck down in a couple of days it's going to rattle you. Then you pick yourself up and get your heads together for the next game. It must help when you can prepare to welcome players like Zaniolo and Acuna into your midst so soon after a gut wrenching upset.

Onwards and upwards Villa.

Edited by villabromsgrove
spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

He’s certainly rough/tough enough to take on that challenge but back in the day the best No. 8 (we called it Lock then) was Dean Richard’s who is 6’ 3” and 19 st fighting weight. Not sure how he would face up to that.

He'd have to bulk up, obv. 🍔🍔 The Gabby diet. 

• Haha 1

let's just give them what they want and get this sorted. seems our sporting director has been a cheeky Monchi with this one, contacted the players agent 3 days before a final, offered €5m, then €7m when he must have known the club wanted more...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

let's just give them what they want and get this sorted. seems our sporting director has been a cheeky Monchi with this one, contacted the players agent 3 days before a final, offered €5m, then €7m when he must have known the club wanted more...

No need for him if Digne stays you'd think?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Saudi clubs have moved to unsettle him, then pulled out.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

No need for him if Digne stays you'd think?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Saudi clubs have moved to unsettle him, then pulled out.

Upgrade on Digne I'd say, probs for less wages. You're right though if no buyer for Digne then we don't have room in the squad...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

I thought Saville were in big debt and needed to sell their highest paid players ?

A quick 10 mill and a player off their wages should help, bearing in mind he's now 30 ish and not considered to be one of the very best left backs in the world ?

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I thought Saville were in big debt and needed to sell their highest paid players ?

A quick 10 mill and a player off their wages should help, bearing in mind he's now 30 ish and not considered to be one of the very best left backs in the world ?

€10m is what they're asking apparently.

25 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Now then now then. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Does your autocorrect change Sevilla to Saville? What have you been typing in your search bar? ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Was going to post that from avfcfaithful but can't find anything about it anywhere 🤔

Total Villa posted too with the icon highlighting that it was within the paper. I assume that means it was a smaller comment not worthy of its own article yet on the website 

• Thanks 1

Â