Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

It’s not that odd as Acuña can play a variety of positions, has experience with European competition, and is familiar with a few players already in the squad. 

Age, transfer, and wages are the only question marks for me but his positional flexibility will be key for a long campaign in the prem and cups. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

It’s not that odd as Acuña can play a variety of positions, has experience with European competition, and is familiar with a few players already in the squad. 

Age, transfer, and wages are the only question marks for me but his positional flexibility will be key for a long campaign in the prem and cups. 

I like him because his nickname is egg.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wonder how much Jose Gaya would be instead.

Seems an odd deal this one.

Why? Cause he is 31? 

Not sure a fee was discussed. This could be a no-brainer if it's a couple of mil and he gives us two years of being as good as Moreno. We can then spend big in a few years or hopefully a youngster progresses. 

Could be making a profit here Vs Digne sale 

Just now, Feidhlim said:

Why? Cause he is 31? 

Not sure a fee was discussed. This could be a no-brainer if it's a couple of mil and he gives us two years of being as good as Moreno. We can then spend big in a few years or hopefully a youngster progresses. 

Could be making a profit here Vs Digne sale 

Thought I read £9m, which felt high.

He won't have to be much good to be a big upgrade on Digne for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

You'd wonder why he'd want to leave what he has at Sevilla to sit on our bench, which lets face it, he will when Moreno is back. The pay rise must be massive.

It probably is nearly double his wage all in with bonuses. This matters a lot when you're late in your career and you know your earning potential is almost ending. 

I also think he knows it's a squad game and he'll play his part. 55-60 games a season and internationals. Help his career last longer if he's not playing every game

If he can do that for a couple of Seasons, until we get a younger version of him.....as opposed to younger players, "standing off"....I'm ok with his age.

A few "Bull dogs" will do fine.

marcus acuna.jpg

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

For anyone complaining about his age. Ashley Young was nearly 36 when he re-signed for us.

And he wasn’t a World Cup winner that was still in the international set up. Age is just a number, I want the right player for now, not someone who fits and age profile

• Like 1

Â