Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Think he leaves with fond memories, got us some crucial goals. Think he could come good if given time but I doubt we'd buy him on permanent contract. May be better calibre of players with higher output, especially now we have Champions League 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Absolutely gutted for him missing the Euros. Was a monster in our win at Arsenal.

Yeah he was absolutely brilliant that game. 

• Like 3

He knew it straight away, was pointing it out he knew it.

Another medium term injury is horrid for him, he clearly has talent, he doesn't have the consistency to become a key player in a good team. It's a shame for him because his body keeps failing him every time he's in a position to really kick on with his career.

Selfishly, at least we don't have to debate the pros and cons of keeping him. It didn't quite go to plan for him here and this is a fairly neat way of ending his loan spell here without need for debate. 

I like watching Nico though, a shame it didn't quite go to plan here for him. Wish him all the best. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s pretty bad news for his career. He won’t secure a good transfer back to Italy with a broken foot. 

Might have to spend another season in Turkey rebuilding his reputation with the aim to secure a move in January or next summer. 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

A broken metatarsal along with his other injuries just indicates to me a body that can't cope with the PL. Defintely a player in there, but not one I think we should sign if we don't have to. Shame we didn't get to see more of what he's capable of. 

A broken metatarsal doesn’t indicate anything like you mention, it would be the same to suggest Ramsey can’t cope…

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

A broken metatarsal doesn’t indicate anything like you mention, it would be the same to suggest Ramsey can’t cope…

It doesn't on its own I agree. But the previous ACL, the hamstring, the back, and now the foot screams injury prone. Whether it's style of play or genetics. He is very likely to continue suffering from injury.

Edit: add calf, shoulder and a second ACL to the above.

Edited by MrBlack

36 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It doesn't on its own I agree. But the previous ACL, the hamstring, the back, and now the foot screams injury prone. Whether it's style of play or genetics. He is very likely to continue suffering from injury.

Edit: add calf, shoulder and a second ACL to the above.

It’s all injuries that’s not related to muscle injuries, so it’s nothing you could have done to prevent them. It’s all impact injuries, he has just been unlucky 

11 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

It’s all injuries that’s not related to muscle injuries, so it’s nothing you could have done to prevent them. It’s all impact injuries, he has just been unlucky 

2 or 3 would be bad luck.  I feel like all are more than just bad luck

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

2 or 3 would be bad luck.  I feel like all are more than just bad luck

Are you saying he has brittle bones or something? I'd agree if they were muscle injuries, but nothing you can do about these ones.

On 16/05/2024 at 11:43, Spoony said:

Bit of a funny one. There’s a player in there for sure but with his injuries and the price tag I think it’s just too many ifs buts and maybes around him. I’d look elsewhere I think. 

Not sure we'll even look elsewhere.

Buendia, Rogers and Ramsey is more than enough quality and depth for that left hand side of the attack for next season. Since moving to 4-3-3 Diaby has also been playing left side and Bailey also played there for us loads of times.

If Zaniolo is signed then to me there's probably something in Ramsey being sold this summer.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure we'll even look elsewhere.

Buendia, Rogers and Ramsey is more than enough quality and depth for that left hand side of the attack for next season. Since moving to 4-3-3 Diaby has also been playing left side and Bailey also played there for us loads of times.

If Zaniolo is signed then to me there's probably something in Ramsey being sold this summer.

Yeah he was brought in due to Buendia’s absence, temporary support for Ramsey, and Rogers is the permanent version of that, reckon he was probably gone end of this term anyway. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2024 at 09:42, numbersix said:

Yeah he was brought in due to Buendia’s absence, temporary support for Ramsey, and Rogers is the permanent version of that, reckon he was probably gone end of this term anyway. 

No he wasn't. We were looking at him before Buendia's injury.

On 17/05/2024 at 19:12, LondonLax said:

It’s pretty bad news for his career. He won’t secure a good transfer back to Italy with a broken foot. 

Might have to spend another season in Turkey rebuilding his reputation with the aim to secure a move in January or next summer. 

There are quite a few rumours here about clubs being interested in him next season.  Could well be on a similar deal to us - season long loan with a pre-agreed transfer fee if it works out.  5 Italian teams in the CL and some decent squads in the other European competitions too.  A lot of the Roma "heat" will have died down by now too so pretty much as long as he doesn't sign for Lazio he should be fine.

42 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No he wasn't. We were looking at him before Buendia's injury.

He wasn’t what? brought in on loan to cover Buendia, with the reason given at the time “Unai Emery keen to get cover for Emi Buendia, who suffered a serious knee injury in training last week”? 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, numbersix said:

He wasn’t what? brought in on loan to cover Buendia, with the reason given at the time “Unai Emery keen to get cover for Emi Buendia, who suffered a serious knee injury in training last week”? 

What? Who gave that reason exactly?

It was reported at the time that we were already looking to bring Zaniolo in before Buendia got injured, don't know how I can be any clearer.

Edited by Tom13

After a mixed season, nobody was going to pay a full fee for him so hopefully the injury doesn't alter things. I'm sure an Italian team will still look at getting him on loan with an option

Just wish him all the best as he really tried and got us some crucial goals

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What? Who gave that reason exactly?

It was reported at the time that we were already looking to bring Zaniolo in before Buendia got injured, don't know how I can be any clearer.

ok cool, he wasn't brought in on loan because buendia had just got injured, you couldn't be any clearer  

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I might copy and paste this comment in the Zaniolo thread. 

Thanks for the season, unfortunately not up to the standard and we need better going forward.

I think it shows our standards now that we don't think an Italian international is good enough as back up to our first XI.

He never looked really settled at Villa and looked a bit lost. Feel a bit sorry for him in terms of his career in the last few years and that injury is a final kick in the sack to miss the euros.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Â