Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

For a start he's not a loan player and I'd like to know what Zaniolo has done since he's been here and why you think Emery won't trust him in Premier League games?

It shouldn't make any difference regardless of loan or otherwise. In fact I'd say spunking nearly 50m on someone is as good a reason as any to expect more. 

FWIW I think they both have been used incorrectly, Zaniolo as he's had very little game time to find any form the last 3 months, basically becoming as waste of a loan and Diaby because he should have been used more as a wide player. Especially when teams started to change tactics against us. He's just not physically strong enough in the 10 role against centre half's and imo and needs space to operate. Similar to Bailey. 

As for Zaniolo, I think the die is cast already, he won't be staying come the end of the season imo. That being said, I don't think it's all his own fault because we've not helped him very much to settle or find a role for him. I think that frustration shows in his body language at times. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out considering the circumstances though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The third goal is everything I can't stand about this bloke...He's the fresh legs and he just stops and starts throwing his arms around like a proper **** word removed.

Sooner he is gone the better, I'm fed up of him being brought on as a last roll off the dice to be absolutely **** shit again.

Ok, but other than that, do you think he is a good player? 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

Don't want to see him in a villa shirt again.  Watching it live you can see the majority of the time he doesn't even pretend to give a shit

It’s not working out for him, but today he turned out one of our better performances. No lacking in effort or determination, if anything he was channelling what seemingly only McGinn had in the game. 

Don’t know why it hasn’t clicked, I don’t get the impression he wants to be here though. But I cannot accept anything negative against him today.

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It’s not working out for him, but today he turned out one of our better performances. No lacking in effort or determination, if anything he was channelling what seemingly only McGinn had in the game. 

Don’t know why it hasn’t clicked, I don’t get the impression he wants to be here though. But I cannot accept anything negative against him today.

I agree. I thought he tried hard to make a difference today - and to an extent succeeded - in very difficult circumstances.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We were watching different games. 

If you put to one side the fact he made virtually no impact on the game, he was out of position flapping his arms about and walking back to "help" his team who were a man down and getting overrun. His press is ineffective, he puts in about 70% at best and he delivers very little offensive output either.  

If only we could go back and leave Zaniolo at Galatasaray and keep Philogene...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

We were watching different games. 

If you put to one side the fact he made virtually no impact on the game, he was out of position flapping his arms about and walking back to "help" his team who were a man down and getting overrun. His press is ineffective, he puts in about 70% at best and he delivers very little offensive output either.  

If only we could go back and leave Zaniolo at Galatasaray and keep Philogene...

Yep. Might have been useful to have kept the three players we sold.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Utterly disgraceful lack of effort from Zaniolo. No better from Moreno either, to be fair. 

If you watch the extended highlights, you'll see Zaniolo run from about 25 yards, after starting pressure Romero at CB.  Also, LB's/RB's should be following the runs and midfield "pass" the runner on. 

Moreno steps up to tackle Porro instead of letting Zani go for Porro and him go for Kulseski or whatever he's called. 

By the time Zani "stops trying", the ball is 5 yards ahead of him.  He shouldn't throw his arms, but he did his job, Moreno didn't do his. 

We play that way on the right too, the RB goes with the runners, the helping midfielder goes to the ball. 

This is just men wanting to tack blame on something to fix a problem that isn't there.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If you watch the extended highlights, you'll see Zaniolo run from about 25 yards, after starting pressure Romero at CB.  Also, LB's/RB's should be following the runs and midfield "pass" the runner on. 

Moreno steps up to tackle Porro instead of letting Zani go for Porro and him go for Kulseski or whatever he's called. 

By the time Zani "stops trying", the ball is 5 yards ahead of him.  He shouldn't throw his arms, but he did his job, Moreno didn't do his. 

We play that way on the right too, the RB goes with the runners, the helping midfielder goes to the ball. 

This is just men wanting to tack blame on something to fix a problem that isn't there.  

No, he was terrible and more than once was out of position and making no effort to get back into shape to help out.

I've supported him until now but he's checked out and so have I

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Adman said:

No, he was terrible and more than once was out of position and making no effort to get back into shape to help out.

I've supported him until now but he's checked out and so have I

No he wasn't, I'm pretty sure that your opinion has been made based on the other games that he has played, but to point him out on this game is ridiculous

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Sounds like a lot of excuses to be honest. None of the players covered themselves in any glory yesterday, Zaniolo included - he ran around a bit, great, we still lost 4-0. 12 touches and a pass accuracy of 25% in 40+ minutes on the pitch, he was as bad as everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

Sounds like a lot of excuses to be honest. None of the players covered themselves in any glory yesterday, Zaniolo included - he ran around a bit, great, we still lost 4-0. 12 touches and a pass accuracy of 25% in 40+ minutes on the pitch, he was as bad as everyone else. 

I'm not talking about all the other bits, I'm talking about the bit where he's getting stuck for not trying, when he clearly did.

I wanted him to be great, he hasn't been, so I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.  I'm specifically talking about that one 5 second bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He showed some tenacity but I think he'd given up by the time that clip further up. I think initially when he came on he looked lively but dropped off significantly. By that time we were down by 3 and then the 4th just compelled the whole afternoon. I think there's a player there, but it's not working with us this season.

6 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

No he wasn't, I'm pretty sure that your opinion has been made based on the other games that he has played, but to point him out on this game is ridiculous

Yes surprisingly my opinion has been formed by watching him play. 

He was bad yesterday, as was pretty much everyone else.  I just can't live with bad and not arsed when you're 3-0 down.  Won't miss him at all when he goes

Â