Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Guys @allani @romavillan

how do you thinks he’s done so far and how much improvement do you expect?

Plenty of the season to go yet… I do expect more from him and refuse to write him off…

Playing out of position is not really helping imo… but at least he’s getting integrated…

On 03/01/2024 at 23:44, romavillan said:

Zaniolo, playing out of position on the left, was an important part of our form in the first 8/10 games. He has already made important contributions to our season. He has by no means fulfilled his potential but the point you are ignoring is that Bailey, even after a very long period where he hadn't contributed as much as early this season Zaniolo did, now has made some vital performances to help us to where we are.

Give Zaniolo the same time, Buendia was written off as well but he would have been first eleven if not injured.

Have to agree… by now, we should have learned that it’s important to give players time before deciding to write them off… Unai has improved everyone…

The turnaround in Bailey’s (so often derided, lambasted, abused) form has been as remarkable as McGinn’s… for instance… and they’ve been with us for a considerable time…

Edited by Jas10

On 04/01/2024 at 00:07, avfc1982am said:

A couple of months ago people were fretting over his injury record and now it because he's not settled quick enough. 

How about we just give him until the end of the season and see how he goes before flapping gums about how crap he is. 

Wise words… we don’t have to make that decision now… could shock quite a few with an upturn in form and game time… it’s a long season…

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Guys @allani @romavillan

Plenty of the season to go yet… I do expect more from him and refuse to write him off…

Playing out of position is not really helping imo… but at least he’s getting integrated…

Not played close to his potential yet in anything more than a few flashes. He's already helped us to quite a few points, early season especially being asked to play a different kind of role to what he's done in the past. Hopefully it'll click for him here in time, we haven't seen even close to his best form in a Villa shirt and he's still been useful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wise words… we don’t have to make that decision now… could shock quite a few with an upturn in form and game time… it’s a long season…

Your a cheery little sod ain't ya. Nearly always positive and fanatical.

I like it 

image.png.06b211ebb280e49a21f75c7fab64fe80.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I like it 

You must’ve not seen me in the Gerrard era 😂😂😂

Nor in the club crest thread 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I like it 

If we can’t be positive now, when we have one of the world’s best managers and are 2nd (!) in the PL…

We may as well give up, pack it in and F off 😂

I’ve seen a lot of shite in my time following this club… (been very angry, embarrassed, annoyed, irritated… the lot).

I do believe this is my favourite era and the one I have the most optimism, faith and belief in… (shout out to Dean for reviving us and saving us from the decline and slump too).

I’ve dreamed of us playing this kind of football and having these kinds of players and manager for an age….

So yeah, I’m happy 😂

AND I LOVE UNAI EMERY!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

Just now, pete101 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him centre forward today . Gonna need an option if Duran ends up going 

I would love to see him played either at CF or SS and no longer on the wing… he’s shown he can score goals for us (important ones too, secured top spot in ECL and saved us in the Sheff Utd game with a brave and intelligent header) and maybe we’d see more creativity from him in a more central position…

Unai has already admitted to playing him out of position in order to get him acclimatised and integrated with the other players…

I do feel he would be better than Duran in that position for now… he can keep getting better…

On 05/01/2024 at 16:23, Jas10 said:

Guys @allani @romavillan

He's not had the impact I was hoping he would.  I think it is partly down to him playing in a different position and role (noticeably deeper than at Roma) and to me he's looked a bit unsure as to what he should be doing.  At Roma (particularly pre-injury) his instructions were pretty clear and he looked more self-confident in what he was doing.  As I said before he was very much told to just keeping on taking on his man - if he lost the ball three or four times on the trot it didn't matter as long as he beat his man the next time.  I think he's received more criticism here when he's lost the ball and so I think that's had an impact in terms of him maybe taking too long to decide whether to try and take on his man or not.  There have been signs that he's getting a bit more used to the speed of the game - his two goals both showed an ability to find / create space in the box and he finished them both well.  I think at the time I said he'd either be a bad signing or a great signing and that it was a bit of a gamble (but one that I thought was exciting if we could get someone close to the Zaniolo that broke through at Roma).  I think actually he's been OK - which in some ways I'm taking as disappointing because as a Roma fan he was genuinely one of the most exciting prospects I'd seen emerge since Totti.  I am still hoping that everything clicks but with the renaissance of Bailey it's a bit harder to see him making a starting position his own.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t even get into the team tonight. Shows what Emery thinks. 

Emery probably thinks he's a body until Ramsey and Buendia got back from injury

Ramsey is back so zaniolo doesn't start

Not much more to it than that 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Emery probably thinks he's a body until Ramsey and Buendia got back from injury

Ramsey is back so zaniolo doesn't start

Not much more to it than that 

Yep he was defo brought in to help cover the loss of JJ. I also think the court case accusations have taken a lot out of him. He’ll still have a part to play, but likely just a bit part. I would guess we are unlikely to make permanent 

• Like 1

Â