Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Anyone seriously suggesting Zaniolo be shipped back needs their head read.

The lad joined us without proper fitness and nearly got banned for a year after getting dragged into the betting scandal. All of that same time he’s settling into a new country with a manager known to be very specific regarding his tactical requirements.

If Emery sees potential in him then that’s more than enough for me and should be enough for anyone else as well. 

We are going to need all hands on deck from now until the end of the season and I won’t be surprised at all if Zaniolo makes important contributions at various points. 

Only way he gets shipped is if we somehow get a stupendous player like Williams over the line in Jan.

I don't think we should be sending him back but the fee agreed is starting to look pretty inflated, particularly when you consider his past injuries. 

Knowing Villa's luck with these things, he will come good just in time to trigger the permanent move, and then immediately get crocked for a year.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I don't think we should be sending him back but the fee agreed is starting to look pretty inflated, particularly when you consider his past injuries. 

Knowing Villa's luck with these things, he will come good just in time to trigger the permanent move, and then immediately get crocked for a year.

Circa 22n euro for a fully fledged Italian international is too much? The rest is bonus based is it not? 

49 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Circa 22n euro for a fully fledged Italian international is too much? The rest is bonus based is it not? 

Surely it’s better to judge a player on what they’ve done on the pitch for us rather than whether they’ve played for their country 

• Like 1

Unai, will know, if the potential can be realised or not.

I was initially impressed with the signing, but I have watched too many games from him, where he simply loses possession, too easily.......its passive and at this level, ascertion is a must.

No matter, how much we can fiddle in our minds, looking for positives......there is no future at our level, or where we are heading, for players, who can't stay on the ball.

I could write, umpteen consequences of such actions.....its critical to success to keep the ball.

Its fundamental.

If UE thinks he can solve that, obvious flaw ( to date) then he has a chance.

I am happy to leave things in the capable hands of the men in charge.

I'm sure everyone is doing their best to get him firing (obviously Zaniolo included) as he's been out of the team for a bit.  Others have been out and then come back stronger and I feel this will be the case here - starting tomorrow 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Anyone seriously suggesting Zaniolo be shipped back needs their head read.

The lad joined us without proper fitness and nearly got banned for a year after getting dragged into the betting scandal. All of that same time he’s settling into a new country with a manager known to be very specific regarding his tactical requirements.

If Emery sees potential in him then that’s more than enough for me and should be enough for anyone else as well. 

We are going to need all hands on deck from now until the end of the season and I won’t be surprised at all if Zaniolo makes important contributions at various points. 

Only way he gets shipped is if we somehow get a stupendous player like Williams over the line in Jan.

You missed the most important bit... Buendia is still out and JJ is only just back

I'm not sure Buendia kicks a ball for us this season, zaniolo finding some form would mean that he doesn't need to

Said before I'm still not convinced he's the long term plan and he's pure injury cover, his dip in form now hopefully coincides with JJs return so I'm not overly fussed

With JJ coming back, it takes the pressure off Zaniolo and will allow him to integrate into Emery’s system more effectively. There’s a player in there but he needs to bed in. The challenge will be that he’s a maverick player and if he can channel that into Emery’s way of playing. If he can’t, then they’ll all shake hands and he’ll be going home at some point. 

It is getting rarer and rarer for players to just hit the ground running and make an immediate impression: especially considering Emery has very exacting requirements for his system(s). 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Surely it’s better to judge a player on what they’ve done on the pitch for us rather than whether they’ve played for their country 

I'm sure Chelsea were absolutely thrilled they judged KDB and Salah based on what they did on the pitch for them at the time. 

If Unai rates his potential, I rate his potential. Not one body is brought into this club without his say, he has total autonomy. 

• Like 4

Â