Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

On 06/12/2023 at 12:27, thunderball said:

Cool, I have a BBC B, I might fire it up and try your programme after I finish Elite 👍 

On 06/12/2023 at 14:17, HKP90 said:

You really have a Working BBC B? That was the computer my primary school had.  

All this BBC talk had me wondering if I'd stumbled onto the after dark section in the off topic 😱

Thank f*CK there were no photos...

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All this BBC talk had me wondering if I'd stumbled onto the after dark section in the off topic 😱

Thank f*CK there were no photos...

Why, whatever do you mean 😏 

On 06/12/2023 at 01:27, thunderball said:

Cool, I have a BBC B, I might fire it up and try your programme after I finish Elite 👍 

Off topic but how do you finish elite?

Maybe I'm thinking if elite 2.

Inb4 Homer Simpson shouting nerds.

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Reminds me of a this section from a genuine video HR had us watch when I once started a job. 

Is that the video they show to people about to start work for Boris Johnson?

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Posting melancholy Instas of him in Turkey. Maybe his time will be up shortly….

I hope not - we will need all hands on deck if we are staying in this title race and the two cup competitions.

I have faith in the same manner, for YT.

I firmly believe he will turn this indifferent form around.

• Like 3

There was chatter of our deal with Gala including a mandatory purchase after a certain number of appearances and if that's true, we'll have a decision to make at some point soon. Obviously, things haven't clicked for him yet but there have been a few encouraging signs here and there in terms of his ability and a fair few mitigating factors in terms of him having new obstacles to overcome.

On the strength of what we've seen so far, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a permanent signing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There was chatter of our deal with Gala including a mandatory purchase after a certain number of appearances and if that's true, we'll have a decision to make at some point soon. Obviously, things haven't clicked for him yet but there have been a few encouraging signs here and there in terms of his ability and a fair few mitigating factors in terms of him having new obstacles to overcome.

On the strength of what we've seen so far, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a permanent signing. 

I believe we would pay an additional fee if he met the conditions and we didn't want to go ahead with the obligation to buy. I think it's 1.5m or something if the conditions are met it triggers the purchase option, or we pay these additional fees based on those performance conditions and he returns to Gala.

In terms of should we make his deal permanent. There's a long way to go yet this season and as we've seen it takes time for players to adapt and learn what Emery wants from them and the role they will have in the system. I'll reserve judgement till May 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I believe we would pay an additional fee if he met the conditions and we didn't want to go ahead with the obligation to buy. I think it's 1.5m or something if the conditions are met it triggers the purchase option, or we pay these additional fees based on those performance conditions and he returns to Gala.

In terms of should we make his deal permanent. There's a long way to go yet this season and as we've seen it takes time for players to adapt and learn what Emery wants from them and the role they will have in the system. I'll reserve judgement till May 

Yeah, which is what we should be doing if we have the luxury of doing so. I didn't know about these additional fees etc. but I would imagine Monchi has it carefully worded to make sure that we aren't going to be tied down here.

12 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I hope not - we will need all hands on deck if we are staying in this title race and the two cup competitions.

I have faith in the same manner, for YT.

I firmly believe he will turn this indifferent form around.

I'd rather play with 10 men

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, which is what we should be doing if we have the luxury of doing so. I didn't know about these additional fees etc. but I would imagine Monchi has it carefully worded to make sure that we aren't going to be tied down here.

I think the Loan was more ffp headroom related and risk management. I think Emery and Monchi wanted him and probably see the potential they want to mould into a top PL player. 

If you look at his underlying stats he's been good and just unlucky not to have had goal or assist yet. Our top 4 performers in npXG + xAG per 90 in order are, Bailey (0.88), Watkins (0.72), Diaby (0.57), Zaniolo (0.42)

So he's done ok in underlying numbers. He's also 2nd to Bailey in progressive carries per 90. For me he just needs that goal or assist to get him his confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'm not that bothered what the stats say, I've watched his performances, and they've mostly been very poor.

Want me to list the number of players people have said that about who Emery then improves and turns into players getting all the praises now? 

The list is very long

I think Zaniolo was an emergency signing who Monchi got in because he hadn't had much time in the post and we needed bodies in, and he knew Zaniolo. I fully expect now Monchi's had chance to calmly assess what we need and work on it that we'll be seriously after one or two major players in January. When are you expecting there to be games where we can afford for Zaniolo to be given time to get up to speed?

3 hours ago, Risso said:

I think Zaniolo was an emergency signing who Monchi got in because he hadn't had much time in the post and we needed bodies in, and he knew Zaniolo. I fully expect now Monchi's had chance to calmly assess what we need and work on it that we'll be seriously after one or two major players in January. When are you expecting there to be games where we can afford for Zaniolo to be given time to get up to speed?

Yep we were missing Ramsey and buendia had just been injured. We needed a body for cover.

I'd give zaniolo probably one or 2 more chances. He should play vs Zrinjski and maybe get an opportunity vs Sheffield. As we play united just 4 days after so we could do with giving whoever we plan to start vs United a rest (so 2 of Tielemans, Diaby or Bailey I'd assume). 

We could also play him in the FA Cup. Then terminate his loan if we think he's not up to much and bring in someone else or just play Traore instead. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Â