Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Just now, Steero113 said:

Player who has proven he's class at European level is clearly devoid of luck and confidence after 11 games. 

Villa fans: He's absolutely awful, terrible signing. Never should have sold that youth prospect that once scored in preseason for us. 

So a proven player with European class is devoid of confidence after 11 games? Why is it that when people on a forum discuss football matters and mention anything slightly negative there is always someone who is having a go at the fans? It happens on here and it happens on social media. Forums are for putting opinions both good and bad about players and football surely?

• Confused 1

I’m sure he can improve. 

Just not at all convinced he’s performing in a way that means triggering a permanent deal is a no brainer. 

As it stands I’m of the view the loan will be ended in January before any obligations are in place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

So a proven player with European class is devoid of confidence after 11 games? Why is it that when people on a forum discuss football matters and mention anything slightly negative there is always someone who is having a go at the fans? It happens on here and it happens on social media. Forums are for putting opinions both good and bad about players and football surely?

I am quite literally making an observation. 

You know, that thing that forums are for?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I am quite literally making an observation. 

You know, that thing that forums are for?

Yes, you are making an observation about other peoples opinions not on the subject. So what is your opinion on Zaniolo I want to know your opinion of him.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Yes, you are making an observation about other peoples opinions not on the subject. So what is your opinion on Zaniolo I want to know your opinion of him.

He's got enough about him to not warrant the tirade he's currently copping which is reactionary at best. 

My opinion is that he shouldn't be starting games as he's had a decent run and has (fairly unluckily) failed to make an impact in proportion to how well Bailey has been playing. 

He was no way near our worst player today. Not even close. 

He was also fouled repeatedly in the build up to their first goal. But after that he went down miles too easily which left us exposed.  (He's a little naive when it comes to trying to buy fouls in this league given that he played in Italy and Turkey where if someone farts on you you get a free-kick, it makes him look like he's weak, but he's naive)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

One of our own means nothing. If Emery hadn't wanted to keep JPB then he'd still be here, end of.

Means a lot actually. So we dont harp on about JJ being one of our own?

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet no Premier League team came for him. Only the team who finished 15th in Championship

He is also not one of our own 😝 He isnt a Villa fan

Yeah so archer isnt good then because only sheff utd came in for him? Sorry but lets take this up in one of those threads as i dont fancy a warning for going off topic 😘

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Total overreaction in this thread. He wasn’t any worse than the rest of the team and it was unfair that he was substituted instead of Diaby today, at least he tried 

He was dreadful. Worst player on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Total overreaction in this thread. He wasn’t any worse than the rest of the team and it was unfair that he was substituted instead of Diaby today, at least he tried 

He was quite bad. Over dribbled, lost the ball, poor first touch, couldn’t get a header on target and out of position when it was time to track back. Not the only one who underperformed but was rightfully subbed.

Just now, Wurzel said:

My opinion is more positive than yours and a few others.

Probably similar to Emery's, hence why Zaniolo has started so many games whilst many are proclaiming him shit and not good enough. 

Has had a rocky last month since all the betting allegations have come out which is probably why he looks like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders atm. He's just a kid tbh and dealing with what he has is going to be difficult for anyone to just brush off, especially when it's still ongoing.

Everyone was raving about his potential when he first arrived, even his first few game you could see him impacting games. Now, as soon as he has a few games where is isn't clicking for him, many of the the posts and comments being made are above harsh, especially if you consider whats going on in the background. 

Emery played Bailey through his rough spells last season when people were slaughtering him, it wouldn't surprise me if he does the same with Zaniolo. Emery wont give up on him like many of the fans have.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Means a lot actually. So we dont harp on about JJ being one of our own?

Yeah so archer isnt good then because only sheff utd came in for him? Sorry but lets take this up in one of those threads as i dont fancy a warning for going off topic 😘

I really couldn't care less where our players are from as long as they're good enough. JPB and Archer aren't currently hence why Emery let them go. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m sure he can improve. 

Just not at all convinced he’s performing in a way that means triggering a permanent deal is a no brainer. 

As it stands I’m of the view the loan will be ended in January before any obligations are in place.

Agree I'm not convinced, I haven't worked him out yet whether there's a player in there ready to burst into form at some point or if he'll just continue to frustrate. In terms of the loan deal it depends what flexibility we do or don't have, Galatasary have already confirmed the future fee is €22m + €15m addons + 10% sell on clause and it was reported at the time the deal becomes mandatory under certain conditions.

That was one to forget....I have said I like him, but he seems to be getting worse, not better.

at the very least, he has to stay on the ball.....that bit is just not acceptable, from a player of such repute.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I really couldn't care less where our players are from as long as they're good enough. JPB and Archer aren't currently hence why Emery let them go. 

Yes but its extra special when one of our youngsters make it. Surely you can agree on that?

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

That was one to forget....I have said I like him, but he seems to be getting worse, not better.

at the very least, he has to stay on the ball.....that bit is just not acceptable, from a player of such repute.

Yes you'd think he'd be bit stronger on the ball given his physique 

Â