Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

If he’s up for it we should play him. Paqueta at West Ham is in far more trouble and looks guilty as sin but he’s playing out of his skin.

He may have a point to prove, not sure on what basis but it could motivate 

Either way, I find myself not really giving a shit. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I guess we'll see. It is my impression so far that the actual texting/chats evidence haven't yet been examined. Surely this will take some time. It doesn't make sense that investigators would be giving a running commentary on what they found or didn't find and passing it helpfully along to players' lawyers so they could leak info on X. But maybe I missed something.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It doesn't make sense that investigators would be giving a running commentary on what they found or didn't find and passing it helpfully along to players' lawyers so they could leak info on X. But maybe I missed something.

It's either this or rando twitter accounts with no inside information need something to post for engagement.

I'm betting on the latter, and Nicolo told me about a site where I can do exactly that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

It's either this or rando twitter accounts with no inside information need something to post for engagement.

I'm betting on the latter, and Nicolo told me about a site where I can do exactly that.

Ten to 1 you're right.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Either way, I find myself not really giving a shit. 

I guess we'll see. It is my impression so far that the actual texting/chats evidence haven't yet been examined. Surely this will take some time. It doesn't make sense that investigators would be giving a running commentary on what they found or didn't find and passing it helpfully along to players' lawyers so they could leak info on X. But maybe I missed something.

A key source of the whole scandal was some 'news' website named after John Dillinger - which seems to only exist on social media. They were clearly milking aspects of the story for clickbait. The actual Italian media outside of the tabloid stuff seemed way more neutral about the investigation. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

A key source of the whole scandal was some 'news' website named after John Dillinger - which seems to only exist on social media. They were clearly milking aspects of the story for clickbait. The actual Italian media outside of the tabloid stuff seemed way more neutral about the investigation. 

Gazzetta ran with what article of what law he would be charged with. All looked very serious a few days ago. I'll do the rounds of the Italian media later and see if there's anything non clickbait with some actual information.

• Thanks 2

Not cleared yet but sounds like he is innocent as his agent said all along that he had used websites to play poker etc without knowing they were illegal.

Hopefully true as with Ramsey and Buendia out we are very light in the attacking midfield positions particularly on the left hand side which would have meant desperately trying to find a player in January and that obviously wouldn’t have been ideal.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You do know he hasn't been cleared yet

I know but as I said earlier in the thread if they confiscated his phone to check his betting account the answers would be known quickly. If he did only bet on poker and roulette then he's in no trouble football wise and those answers would be known quickly. 

The only real information at all that's been in media was he was being investigated for using this illegal betting site. He had his phone confiscated to be searched. If he didn't bet on football that would be known quickly and would be known quickly too. 

The usual people on here were accusing him of match fixing and wanted him fired instantly. 🤣

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Gazzetta ran with what article of what law he would be charged with. All looked very serious a few days ago. I'll do the rounds of the Italian media later and see if there's anything non clickbait with some actual information.

Thank you that would be helpful

• Like 1

Seems very strange indeed. What’s the benefit of playing online poker or blackjack on an illegal site rather than one of the hundreds of legal sites? I suppose if you just get sent a link by a mate you may not know or care that it is illegal. Hopefully this is the case with Z. 

It would be most bizarre if this ended up being a storm in a teacup. In this day and age you can't have world media all but confirming they've been very naughty boys only for them to turn out completely innocent. Whole thing is very odd.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It would be most bizarre if this ended up being a storm in a teacup. In this day and age you can't have world media all but confirming they've been very naughty boys only for them to turn out completely innocent. Whole thing is very odd.

Tell Huw Edwards that

• Haha 1

Â