Badgers

robby b

Theres been various stories of UK badgers getting territorial or feeling threatened and stopping people going into their garden and the like, or chasing them down. They're very strong, they'll do some damage given the chance.

American badgers just seem to be vicious in general. I've seen a video of a guy who had an American badger in his garage, he ended up having to chuck it out with a shovel and it still came back at him even after he had hit it and flung it out.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What about Tribbles?  They're cute as ****.

I just had to find them on Google as I had no idea what you were on about. Found a picture of Captain Kirk holding a few in his arms. Hmm, yes, they are pretty cute to be fair, certainly fluffy. Not as cute as a rabbit though. These tribble things don't seem to have eyes!? One over each ear on a cold winter's day would be nice.

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, robby b said:

hope none of them have attacked the cat or tried to attack it.

Apparently not, they seem to give each other plenty of space. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Apparently not, they seem to give each other plenty of space. 

That's good. Actually I just read in one search result that "badgers are generally docile". (I'm wondering if that's referring specifically to European ones).

2 hours ago, robby b said:

And several other posters on here have said the same thing about damage and mess in their gardens, I didn't know this happened. To be fair if I had a garden and a badger was doing that I suppose I would be a bit less fond of them suddenly.

And although I've always thought they look quite cute I've just read that they can be very agressive, vicious even, and dangerous like certain dogs. :s Blimey, I didn't know this either. Then again lots of animals can be those things too and so can humans! At least out of self-defence. So though I'm suddenly seeing badgers in a new light and will be a bit wary if I ever encounter one again, I do still like them. 

It's difficult to choose a favourite animal but I think mine could perhaps be a duck. They're cute and funny and are never vicious or dangerous. 👍 

Don't they say that if a badger attacks you the best thing to do is snap a twig so it thinks it's snapped your shinbone as they can't really see, only go by the noise before stopping the attack.

• Shocked 1

My favourite wild animal; I have a cabinet dedicated to them; couple of Crown Derby, couple of Moorcroft  etc. Always liked "Mr Badger in "wind in the willows". I trust you all know the famous rock musician who is a big badger fan ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Spurious Villa connection that Keith Bradley, former player of the late 60s/early 70s, once ran a bar in Mojacar called Badgers.

Why

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Don't they say that if a badger attacks you the best thing to do is snap a twig so it thinks it's snapped your shinbone as they can't really see, only go by the noise before stopping the attack.

I think you have to punch them squarely on the nose

56 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think you have to punch them squarely on the nose

I think the VT approved technique is to volley them in the jaw. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, robby b said:

And several other posters on here have said the same thing about damage and mess in their gardens, I didn't know this happened. To be fair if I had a garden and a badger was doing that I suppose I would be a bit less fond of them suddenly.

And although I've always thought they look quite cute I've just read that they can be very agressive, vicious even, and dangerous like certain dogs. :s Blimey, I didn't know this either. Then again lots of animals can be those things too and so can humans! At least out of self-defence. So though I'm suddenly seeing badgers in a new light and will be a bit wary if I ever encounter one again, I do still like them. 

It's difficult to choose a favourite animal but I think mine could perhaps be a duck. They're cute and funny and are never vicious or dangerous. 👍 

Hard work as customers though

Â