Badgers

robby b

Got caught behind one driving one night.

There were dry stone walls on either side of the road and the silly sod neglected to duck off for ages, despite us stopping when we saw gates coming up.

On Bodger &  Badger. There were elements of the Hi-De-Hi puppeteer about Bodger, though not the hating kids bit.

He did like a drink, and people had come aware he wasn't always entirely sober at some later performances.

He finally managed to get himself kicked off site, losing his comfortable Glastonbury residence after a particularly lairy episode.

It was behind the scenes fortunately. He didn't have a grog fuelled meltdown in front of the toddlers or anything :)

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

Seen a few alive.

Seen more dead, like you say in the side of the road. What you'll notice is that they have very little damage to their bodies or blood around them, this is because the farmers gas them and lay them at the side of the road so it looks like they've been hit by a car.

Sadly it's a well known practice. The area my brother in law lives in Wales suddenly saw a spike in badger 'roadkill'. It was in fact just badger baiters getting rid of the bodies

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, picicata said:

Sadly it's a well known practice. The area my brother in law lives in Wales suddenly saw a spike in badger 'roadkill'. It was in fact just badger baiters getting rid of the bodies

Scum, hope one bites their cocks off at some point.

• Like 2

Great info on the badger

https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Badger

The Badger feeds exclusively on human ankles and sawdust. Badgers pretend to be helping you, and will produce Blue Peter videos of trading the uk horse racing markets. This is the badgers way of catching it's prey, & luring novice traders into buying it's poor value products & tipping services.

Amazing facts such as "In somewhat more recent news, the Iraqi populace near Basra have accused the British occupying forces of releasing "massive man-eating badgers" into the area around the airport."

Edited by Jonesy7211

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

has anyone actually seen one alive? only ever seen them dead at the side of the road 😢

One kept digging up my garden last year. The security lights would come on. He made such a mess I was frankly relieved when he **** off. 

Badgers have apparently held up the reopening of the Camp Hill line through Kings Heath and Moseley. 

Everyone knew they were there but did **** all about them till it became breeding season and they are banned from disturbing them. 

Obviously it's all bullshit and in reality the contractors are behind. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Scum, hope one bites their cocks off at some point.

Christ almighty. Isn't them just been killed and chucked onto the road enough for you? Sick man. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, picicata said:

5 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Seen a few alive.

Seen more dead, like you say in the side of the road. What you'll notice is that they have very little damage to their bodies or blood around them, this is because the farmers gas them and lay them at the side of the road so it looks like they've been hit by a car.

they chuck 'em on the white lines now so the trucks get 'em :(

There's a few places round here I'll see them running around regularly but by woodland where the setts are especially around sundown. They are definitely increasing in number around housing estates - I saw one at the out-laws recently Where its between 2 public footpaths basically . but less natural habitat means more co existance or culling.

Tough lumps of muscle. I sadly hit one once that ran out of a hedge staright into my off side front wheel. Mashed up the wheel bearing.

Although the baiting still goes on round these parts there are also folk that leave out scraps for the carnivores/omnivores/birds etc, which of course the words removed start ruining by poisoning :(

But it's money isn't it. People's livelihoods. Food on the table. that and hundreds of years of tradition. They're usually the excuses for turning a blind eye to cruelty though eh.

Majestic creatures (like most creatures to be fair)

Edited by VILLAMARV
alive ones, i see alive ones
  • Sad 1

Only ever seen a live one once. We were driving down a tiny lane at night in Cornwall and came up behind one running along the verge. The lane was so small we couldn't get round it and it stubbornly decided it was going to run along the road as far as it could, so we were just dawdling along behind it for about 10 minutes.

They look pretty comical running from behind, they kinda do a speed wallow that isn't really fast but throws their body all over the place.

Awesome animals. I appreciate anything that goes about it's day in a doesn't give a **** manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

One kept digging up my garden last year. The security lights would come on. He made such a mess I was frankly relieved when he **** off. 

And several other posters on here have said the same thing about damage and mess in their gardens, I didn't know this happened. To be fair if I had a garden and a badger was doing that I suppose I would be a bit less fond of them suddenly.

And although I've always thought they look quite cute I've just read that they can be very agressive, vicious even, and dangerous like certain dogs. :s Blimey, I didn't know this either. Then again lots of animals can be those things too and so can humans! At least out of self-defence. So though I'm suddenly seeing badgers in a new light and will be a bit wary if I ever encounter one again, I do still like them. 

It's difficult to choose a favourite animal but I think mine could perhaps be a duck. They're cute and funny and are never vicious or dangerous. 👍 

Edited by robby b

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

And several other posters on here have said the same thing about damage and mess in their gardens, I didn't know this happened. To be fair if I had a garden and a badger was doing that I suppose I would be a bit less fond of them suddenly.

And although I've always thought they look quite cute I've just read that they can be very agressive, vicious even, and dangerous like certain dogs. :s Blimey, I didn't know this either. Then again lots of animals can be those things too and so can humans! At least out of self-defence. So I still like badgers. But now a little less than before. 🫤

It's difficult to choose a favourite animal but I think mine could perhaps be a duck. They're cute and funny and are never vicious or dangerous. 👍 

They do shit everywhere on the waterside......

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

A friend of mine gets loads of them in her garden in Kings Norton. 

Screenshot_2023-08-02-14-43-33-82_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I hope none of them have attacked the cat or tried to attack it. I was reading this afternoon that there have been some cases of pets being badly harmed by a badger. (And even a few humans harmed by them too though apparently this is rare). I'm wondering if the European badgers are less aggressive than ones in other parts of the world, like North America for example. 

Edited by robby b

Â