Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

The lionesses couldn't do it.  Now over to the lions. 

That's a bit harsh. I know they didn't win, but feeding them to large carnivores is bit much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Worth remembering it was thought England could even struggle to get to the first knockout round with the injuries. They were without their captain, their most creative midfielder and the golden boot winner from the last tournament.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

English tears

Have you not noticed that the vast majority of the comments on here are 'better team won'? 

Dunno about 'whingeing poms', you've done nothing but whinge since your lot went out. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Have you not noticed that the vast majority of the comments on here are 'better team won'? 

Dunno about 'whingeing poms', you've done nothing but whinge since your lot went out. 

The gloating on here about your shithousery in that game juxtaposes brilliantly with your (collectively) complaining about the referee in this one.

... and you're Poms. That just makes it all the more fun. :trollface:

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

The gloating on here about your shithousery in that game juxtaposes brilliantly with your (collectively) complaining about the referee in this one.

Well you did get to boo us throughout the Nigeria game, so you achieved your main objective. Good luck to you.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Well you did get to boo us throughout the Nigeria game, so you achieved your main objective. Good luck to you.

Ha ha! I could mention the ashes here...

... but I'm better than that 😉

13 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

You should probably support Perth Glory rather than Pomton Villa though :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

England had it coming, utterly ridiculous not to play Daly through the middle, by far and away the best striker they have, and probably one of the best in the world, but wasn't used there once in the whole tournament, got away with it up until now as was winning games, but finally caught up with them, it wasn't just that but from her left-back position she was making so many good runs into the box but there was never an attempt to find her, and then from corners she's biggest threat in the air England have, but again she was never targetted, one of the best completely wasted.

Also surprised there hasn't been more talk about Chloe Kelly having so little game time, every time I watch her she looks like one of the better players, and to be honest looks to have better end product than Lauren James, in a way feel like Daly, James, Kelly are probably three of England's best four attackers, Hemp being the other.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

England had it coming, utterly ridiculous not to play Daly through the middle, by far and away the best striker they have, and probably one of the best in the world, but wasn't used there once in the whole tournament, got away with it up until now as was winning games, but finally caught up with them, it wasn't just that but from her left-back position she was making so many good runs into the box but there was never an attempt to find her, and then from corners she's biggest threat in the air England have, but again she was never targetted, one of the best completely wasted.

Also surprised there hasn't been more talk about Chloe Kelly having so little game time, every time I watch her she looks like one of the better players, and to be honest looks to have better end product than Lauren James, in a way feel like Daly, James, Kelly are probably three of England's best four attackers, Hemp being the other.

Daly looked like the only player not nervous to be there aswell. Well relaxed in the tunnel when others looked shaky. Taking her and Russo off was the demise of the game I'd say. 22 goals from Daly last season and took off like the scapegoat??

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Ha ha! I could mention the ashes here...

... but I'm better than that 😉

We still haven't forgiven you lot for sending us Rolf Harris ;) 

• Haha 2

Â