Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Very very short on confidence and struggle with the physicality. 

When JJ played him through after Watkins got clobbered, he had the open angle for a right footed shot but cut it back to his left and lost the chance. Lost his eye for the goal.  

Just now, Farlz said:

I really don't understand what's happened. 

call me naiive, but i'm not actually concerned. he's not stinking the place out by any stretch, just hasn't quite hit the early standards he set initially.

Just now, tomav84 said:

call me naiive, but i'm not actually concerned. he's not stinking the place out by any stretch, just hasn't quite hit the early standards he set initially.

He's been dreadful. Getting subbed against Sheffield United at 0-0 tells you everything about his form. One goal (against Luton) since the end of August, not remotely acceptable.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He is stinking the place tbf. He's getting absolutely nothing done at the moment.

Just now, Risso said:

He's been dreadful. Getting subbed against Sheffield United at 0-0 tells you everything about his form. One goal (against Luton) since the end of August, not remotely acceptable.

he was having a good game vs sheff utd. he shouldn't have been taken off IMO

Just now, tomav84 said:

he was having a good game vs sheff utd. he shouldn't have been taken off IMO

He was awful, beat his man once that I can recall. Absolutely woeful tonight when he came on.

I'll admit it's somewhat annoying that our record signing currently can't really be counted on to contribute much in big games.

The guy is a total passenger lately. 

Edited by maqroll

Bit worrying that he has become totally ineffective. Started his Villa career looking the business in preseason and those first handful of games in the Prem. Done very little since and looks anything but a club record signing. 

just goes to show how little knowledge the media and other clubs fans have about us as they all seem to continually say how great a signing he has been

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

58 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Bit worrying that he has become totally ineffective. Started his Villa career looking the business in preseason and those first handful of games in the Prem.

Disagree with half of this.

Thought he was rubbish in pre-season and I was worried. Excellent first few games alleviated all that.

His positioning always feels off. He's never set in a place when he can be found and immediately attack. Worry Unai's meetings might not be his thing.

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Foreign player in foreign league. He will come good again. 

Yup. I think he overdid it at times trying to impress and the physical demands have caught up with him a little, so he's tired. 

Hopefully he won't get written off in this dip of form by the 'less patient' section of the fanbase. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Â