Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tht moussa cam he looks bloody quick. He is terrorising that player in the orange bib cant tell who that is?

Mr Revan . Who is no slouch . Yes. He has frightening acceleration. No build up either . Saw a clip from the Bundesliga where he takes on Alponso Davies and succeeds. Its Gabby pace with Youngy18 build i thought. A proper athlete. Not musclebound. Just built to go quickly  

Edited by MWARLEY2

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Mr Revan . Who is no slouch . Yes. He has frightening acceleration. No build up either . Saw a clip from the Bundesliga where he takes on Alponso Davies and succeeds. Its Gabby pace with Youngy18 build i thought. A proper athlete. Not musclebound. Just built to go quickly  

Thanks wasnt sure who that defender was. He certainly looks exciting. But i thought thats what we were getting feom bailey so hopefully he is a upgrade on him.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thanks wasnt sure who that defender was. He certainly looks exciting. But i thought thats what we were getting feom bailey so hopefully he is a upgrade on him.

So did i mate. But from what i have seen and read so far he isnt as left footed. He prefers it no doubt but seems to have far more balance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So did i mate. But from what i have seen and read so far he isnt as left footed. He prefers it no doubt but seems to have far more balance. 

Thats a key skill that could prove the difference.  I want to see him and bailey given a season. I rely do think diaby can bring out best in bailey 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 19:15, IrishVilla10 said:

ahh that’s what happen to Adam Clerly. He worked at Whatculture doing their YouTube videos on wrestling and Star Trek. Didn’t know he was a football guy.

Suprisingly good analyst of Diaby, villa and how they they will likely play. It wasn’t  all nice nice either. Demonstrated real concerns. A lot better and less doom and gloom than a Tifo Vid on us 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a key skill that could prove the difference.  I want to see him and bailey given a season. I rely do think diaby can bring out best in bailey 

I think that we have taken a chance on him . Not abilitywise as he is right up there. But due to his terrible defensive output. Thats maybe why the supposed big boys havent pounced . I think that in the Prem Bailey and Diaby might be too bold , especially against the top top teams. However i am thinking the sweet spot will be Buendia with his huge defensive workrate and passing ability and then Mousa who can just annihilate nearly all back lines.  Will be interesting to see. 

Aston Villa 'game-changer' will 'blow people away' at Villa Park

Aston Villa's latest signing 'could be brilliant' as Dean Jones tells GIVEMESPORT that people don't understand how good he is

Aston Villa’s latest recruit will be a ‘game changer’ for the club, as transfer insider Dean Jones has told GIVEMESPORT that fans will be ‘blown away’ by how good the hungry 24-year-old is.

Speaking exclusively to GIVEMESPORT, he said: “Yeah, Villa do have one of the most exciting projects in Europe running right now. It’s very impressive how they had a vision and are implementing it. Unai Emery must be very pleased by how this squad is shaping up.

“The prospect of Moussa Diaby flying down the flank and creating chances truly is a game changer in every sense of the term. I really like this deal, and I’m very relieved he chose to join the Premier League rather than the Saudi Pro League. He needs to be testing himself in the most competitive league in the world at this stage of his career and I think a few people that don’t know much about him are going to be blown away by how good he is.

‘It’s been a while since Villa had a wide player as exciting and fruitful as this. It could be brilliant.”

Aston Villa 'game-changer' will 'blow people away' at Villa Park (givemesport.com)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

ahh that’s what happen to Adam Clerly. He worked at Whatculture doing their YouTube videos on wrestling and Star Trek. Didn’t know he was a football guy.

Suprisingly good analyst of Diaby, villa and how they they will likely play. It wasn’t  all nice nice either. Demonstrated real concerns. A lot better and less doom and gloom than a Tifo Vid on us 

Yeah I wondered what had happened so was glad to see him.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am from the school of thought, where attack is the best form of defence......but, and its a big but......The attacking has to have credence, and when on top you have to score....all too often, wingers get castigated, for not tracking back, but the real issue is, they are no threat going forward, either......thats the real issue.

I am not overly fussed if the odd winger, has difficulty defending, as long as when he is in his favoured mode, he hurts the opposition, fairly regularly.

I can think, of a few Household names who have wreaked Havoc on the football field in the past,  when they are doing their thing....no one mentions the defensive side of their game.

If Moussa does his thing, no one will be bothered.

Agreed. I just have these flashbacks to Man Utd last year when there was one player not doing any pressing or tackling and it totally screwed the teams balance. I am totally for playing someone and allow them to show their full skillset.  Its why i hate Pep. Turning Grealish into a wide left player who has to track back and then distribute but can only get on the ball when he is on the left wing. Mega effective but all the fun taken away. 

So i thought that Mousa and Emi would be a brilliant partnership as they will both bring out the best parts of each others game while not effecting the teams performance overall as one of them does the defensive work of 2. 

In fact maybe thats why Emery plays a defensive rightback to allow Chukwueze and Pino to do their thing on the right at Villareal. Will have to do some digging !

Â