Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Glad I wasn’t the only one then.

I think its an American thing.. They normally make announcements on social media instead of websites like the NBA..

The NBA manages the websites for the teams..

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am a big fan of the 'Prepared' motto.

it was part of the adidas stuff last week, and today's tweet.

But it isn't on the new crest so how are they reintroducing it exactly?

it was part of the adidas stuff last week, and today's tweet.

Is that not enough?

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Ditto - I sent it to a Bin dipper fan, a toffee fan, Citeh fans x2 and a Norwich fan and all preferred the new badge to the circular badge. They have no investment in it I know but it was interesting all went for the new iteration… i don’t get the hate tbh. I guess if we hadn’t seen some of the beauts designed by various posters on here then maybe feelings towards it would be more tolerable and different … 

There is a weird overreaction on here that I don’t think is reflective of even our own fanbase as a whole.

• Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

There is a weird overreaction on here that I don’t think is reflective of even our own fanbase as a whole.

I beg to differ

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but the original lerner one was the absolute worst for me. Hated it with  a passion

Oh I hated it, I just think this is even worse 😢 

Whoever runs the marketing department at Villa Park needs the sack. **** awful rollout - Atleast redeploy the website/social channels with the logo and give the new badge some sort of fanfare? 

These lot really are so far out of touch with the fanbase at times. Not that difficult is it? Might not be a big deal for them, but for us it’s all we’ve been talking about for 6+ months. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh I hated it, I just think this is even worse 😢 

Ive just selected a random mockup i found online. Its not for th kit but more of the new badge. I think when its in other colours it actually looks quite nice like this

Screenshot_20240519_194125_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sorry old boy, You’re part of the overreaction

Or….part of the reasonable reaction….

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just selected a random mockup i found online. Its not for th kit but more of the new badge. I think when its in other colours it actually looks quite nice like this

Screenshot_20240519_194125_Chrome.jpg

Yeah maybe the monochrome versions will be good, and there’s nothing to stop them using the lion on its own hopefully 🤞🏼 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Callum said:

Whoever runs the marketing department at Villa Park needs the sack. **** awful rollout - Atleast redeploy the website/social channels with the logo and give the new badge some sort of fanfare? 

These lot really are so far out of touch with the fanbase at times. Not that difficult is it? Might not be a big deal for them, but for us it’s all we’ve been talking about for 6+ months. 

That gets a big no from me callum. After the last time they gave fans the choice there was so much negativity about the designs people were crucifying how this was thw best two they could come up with. 

Like brexit, people shouldnt be givwn the choice. If its crap its crap but when you start getting fans doing survwyes etc it gets messy. You will have somw that will love it others will hate it no matter what they design.

Could it be better ? Absolutely but its certainly not the worst we have had either. It still screams aston villa to me and thats whats important. 

Remember that horrfic leeds one with the fist pump? They had to dump it because all the leeds fans hated it that much

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

1874 is crucial and the lion's mane is too 80's power ballad

No such thing. 

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Can only imagine some of you on safari complaining to the tour guide about the shape of the lions

They'd complain about the shadow too

• Haha 1

Â