Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's probably both - the club's difficulties in passing the FA's regulation are delaying the process and the club have decided to change their plans off the back of that. 

I think the first time we'll see it will probably be on the 24/25 shirt - to be honest that might have a good impact.

Any chance they get out of the BK8 deal early and get a better shirt sponsor for next season?

Edited by maqroll

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Any chance they get out of the BK8 deal early and get a better shirt sponsor for next season.

We could buy ourselves out of it but it would depend on being able to get a much better deal to make that worthwhile still … Sure Hatton & Heck are scouring the market for a top quality main sponsor to boost the coffers which should be somewhat easier with our current upward trajectory hopefully 

Just now, thabucks said:

We could buy ourselves out of it but it would depend on being able to get a much better deal to make that worthwhile still … Sure Hatton & Heck are scouring the market for a top quality main sponsor to boost the coffers which should be somewhat easier with our current upward trajectory hopefully 

It would be mighty disappointing to have a swanky Adidas shirt with a new badge but still have that crap sponsor on it.

Man City have a nice sleeve sponsor in Asahi beer. I like the typography, I like that it's a beer company and it would look great on a Villa shirt-

Home - Hasan Kamil Design

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It would be mighty disappointing to have a swanky Adidas shirt with a new badge but still have that crap sponsor on it.

Man City have a nice sleeve sponsor in Asahi beer. I like the typography, I like that it's a beer company and it would look great on a Villa shirt-

Just wait for the anti-gambling sponsor minded people to destroy your suggestion of an alcohol led advert ;) 

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

Do you think it’s Heck and the club or the FA final approval process which is delaying this ? Or is this  an excuse to bash Heck cause he cancelled your hallowed new north stand ? 

Hi there fellow Villa fan.

I am not so sure which it is to be perfectly honest.

Apologies for my comments which were a tad harsh. Of course the communication was top notch as befitting a top four PL club  and I, and millions of others, are 100% clear on the club's visual identity and the plan for releasing same 👍 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Good beer en all

43 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I enjoy the fact that gambling is the fashionable vice to pile on, but we're OK with alcohol sponsors on shirts again.

Jesus.

We could use their non-alcoholic product, not like that's inviting us to join as a co-defendant in the lawsuit Man City is in.That'd be fun and certainly have us recognized as a Big Club (tm).

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I enjoy the fact that gambling is the fashionable vice to pile on, but we're OK with alcohol sponsors on shirts again.

Jesus.

I made this argument a while ago and got booeed out the thread 😂

• Haha 1

Was there ever a discussion of what makes an unequivocally 'good' sponsor? Absolutely nobody can start with anybody who makes phones, for example. Or trainers. Cars companies are also out.

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

In fairness, BK8 isn't just a regular gambling company.

If William Hill is Whitbread, BK8 are the Kinahan family. 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Project B6 have some interesting tweets tonight

The club have blanked them and they’re pissed off so are taking swipes. If what they’ve said in that tweet is true tho, the club have really messed up with the badge launches (like we didn’t know that already), another layer of farce added.

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Jesus.

In a sporting environment, the promotion of gambling on sports themselves seems more problematic than chronic drinking because a football club or any other sporting club should not want to have any association with an industry that seeks to completely drain bank accounts and has links to a criminal underworld which has been known to fix results and spot fix in-game scenarios. I'm not suggesting this currently happens in Britain, or any specific country, but it wouldn't surprise me if it has happened, does happen, and will happen in leagues all around the world, including in Britain.

That said, I respect the opinion of anyone who has misgivings about alcohol sponsorships. But where do you draw the line? Is an automobile sponsor acceptable? That industry is one of the primary contributors to global warming, climate collapse and the horrible suffering of human beings and wildlife. A travel company? Same environmental degradation issue, but with airplanes and cruise ships the culprits. An online day trading company? Not too dissimilar to gambling. An insurance company? Extortionists. Coca-Cola? Rots your teeth and contributes to obesity, diabetes and early death. I reckon we could find something terrible about most sponsors. At the end of the day, having no shirt sponsor at all would be the most ethically foolproof approach.

As for my Asahi beer suggestion, it's really got more to do with the logo's cool typography than the product they produce. It could be Asahi yogurt company, it doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

At the risk of going too far off topic (sorry mods), I’m a recovering alcoholic and wouldn’t bat an eye if Villa had a beer sponsor on their shirt. The club sells alcohol at VP, which is a much more real “threat” to my sobriety than words plastered on a shirt. 

I probably wouldn’t buy a shirt with a beer sponsor for personal reasons. However, if I ever relapsed I surely wouldn’t blame it on the fact that my football club has “Heineken” or whatever on their chests.

Also, most people who regularly drink beer don't have a drinking problem. They drink beer because they enjoy it and usually do so with friends. 

Should a football club not have a beer sponsor because 5% of regular drinkers are clinically alcoholic?

BTW, congrats on the teatotaling. I'm 3 years and 3 months myself. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Also, most people who regularly drink beer don't have a drinking problem. They drink beer because they enjoy it and usually do so with friends. 

Should a football club not have a beer sponsor because 5% of regular drinkers are clinically alcoholic?

BTW, congrats on the teatotaling. I'm 3 years and 3 months myself. 

And most people who gamble don't have a gambling problem either. 

For me, alcohol is a million times worse than gambling for a multitude of reasons.

As @MNVillan and @maqroll I'm speaking from personal experience too.

Anyway on topic, is anyone else hoping that the delay with the badge, means the club have gone back to the drawing board?

Or are simply working with Adidas to create a streamlined launch ( As well as much improved badge )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â