Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Do you think the gold lion is for the anniversary year before reverting to yellow from the season after?

No idea mate…

I think they’ve successfully worn many of us down after this drawn out and farcical “process”…

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

The lion is much more detailed but is getting lost in the blue imo.

The detailing seems to work best with claret so that it ties in with the border and doesn’t introduce shades of grey to the colour palatte.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

WTF is that silver lion? Good God.

I really cannot understand why out primary colours are not the primary colours of our badge and haven't been since 2007 

The badge pre-2007 you're referring to had even more yellow than the Lerner badge or this one.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

The badge pre-2007 you're referring to had even more yellow than the Lerner badge or this one.

Nah, I mean, you are wrong. Clearly the pre 2007 badge had claret and blue verical stripes and a gold lion, it popped much better. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

**** shit.

Not my badge :flag:

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The lion is much more detailed but is getting lost in the blue imo.

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Surely the owners can't be impressed with all this?

It is amateurish. When we change badge again we will be a laughing stock. Imagine the jokes if it was some other club and not us.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is supposed to be Heck's area of expertise, and after all this, I am somewhat underwhelmed. I mean it's better than the willy wonka logo we have for our 150th anniversary but that isn't saying a lot.

Yep to all

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Nah, I mean, you are wrong. Clearly the pre 2007 badge had claret and blue verical stripes and a gold lion, it popped much better. 

It literally said Aston Villa in gross yellow font and had a yellow border too. It clearly had more yellow than any badge since.

What are you on about? Invest in an eye test ASAP.

images.png.a8e4b276101af90da42536d4f3ddb365.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not really any worse than anything else on there at that size/ resolution. And only because its not familiar to us. In time it will probably be fine.

But i don't want "fine". I thought Heck wanted us to stand out, which was why he went on this vanity trip. I guess not. 

I think there are key elements on most of the other badges that at least make a decent effort to contrast and stand out, even at that size: you can immediately make out Liverpool's liver bird, Southampton's tree, Everton's tower for example, as they contrast pretty well with the rest of the badge. I'm having to focus pretty hard to make out the lion as it just really fades into the blue now imo: although I appreciate that could just be my monitors (and I am a tad colourblind). 

And I'd say I'm probably in a minority as someone who prefers the yellow lion to the claret one!

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Being blunt I doubt any other fan of any other club either knows or cares about our 3 (4?) logos in a year shambles.  That might reinforce our overall lack of branding/exposure even after the last 12 months, or really that  grown adults shouldn't worry so much about corporate logos for sports teams.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I like it. I don’t love it, but it will do. I just don’t understand how people are so angry at everything all the time? 😂

I’m literally happy with everything else at the Villa apart from this friggin farce!

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It literally said Aston Villa in gross yellow font and had a yellow border too. It clearly had more yellow than any badge since.

What are you on about? Invest in an eye test ASAP.

images.png.a8e4b276101af90da42536d4f3ddb365.png

OK, so you have your reasons for disliking me and misrepresenting me on here. That is your perogative I guess.

I clearly stated, and I am even quoting what you took issue with,  that ' I really cannot understand why out primary colours are not the primary colours of our badge and haven't been since 2007'.

The pre 2007 badge you posted clearly, like I mean it cannot even be argued that it doesn't, has a hell of a lot more claret than the Lerner badge. It has it on the vertical stripes and it has it at the top as the background to the name. As I said it pops better because there is contrast by having more claret.

•  
Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok so now that is trademarked I’m assuming the announcement to come out in the next day or two.

Sad day!

Sounds like with the FA negotiations on going and being the cause of the reveal delay, I suspect it will be going to a vote.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m literally happy with everything else at the Villa apart from this friggin farce!

But mate, it’s just a badge. Perhaps it’s different because I have no particular dislike for it, or because I have other personal stuff going on, but I just don’t see the point of getting angry about it. It’s not going to change my feelings for the club, and I’m not going to stop watching on tv or going to games, so I just let it go. Try and be positive Nick, they might change it to one you like in 4 years time when they change it again?

Â