Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

The trademark one looks better than this 'new one' which doesn't look good, has something of the appearance of a tattoo, and because it's over stylized will quickly look very dated, the simplicity of the other trademark lion is better.

Not that I would be overly bothered whichever one it turns out to be, it's not as if I'm going to have a big picture of it on the all wall or anything, or have to stare at it.

The gold lion on the actual top, if that's what it was, looked very good and fittingly decadent, the lion turns to gold as so does the club and team, if they sold that as a standalone item, I would get it as an object of wonder, maybe keep it in my inside coat pocket, so i've always got it on my person.

• Like 1

It looks like it is made of metal to me. How would the players feel having a metal badge on their shirt? Would play havoc with the pectoral area surely?! 

Edited by Tayls

22 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I know people liked the monochromatic approach to even the trademarked crest so here's an example of what this one would look like. I think it's pretty smart.

GD-c8HtWMAAbiAf.jpg

Would potentially look good in claret on a white away kit. Similar to a Utd training top... 

adidas-mens-manchester-united-training-jersey-2023-24-white-p39041-157864_medium.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, useless said:

The trademark one looks better than this 'new one'

I loved Superstition and Part-time lover; but who types out your messages for you?

• Haha 1

I'm only a normal  Villa supporter (have no idea of the mechanics of computers or digital work), so will someone please explain to me what makes it impossible for the latest suggested badge to be shown digitally or on the stadium? I've been trying to figure it out for a long time, before I eventually had to come on here and show my ignorance.

1 minute ago, VillaBrum said:

I'm only a normal  Villa supporter (have no idea of the mechanics of computers or digital work), so will someone please explain to me what makes it impossible for the latest suggested badge to be shown digitally or on the stadium? I've been trying to figure it out for a long time, before I eventually had to come on here and show my ignorance.

Nothing stops it. What you see on this forum is digital.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or they saw the backlash against the clipart lion and thought “well **** we can’t use that, quick have we got another version of the lion trademarked?”

That might actually be the answer.

5 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

If you mean the gold 3D image we’ve seen then I’ve tried to explain it below

On 13/01/2024 at 14:43, Stevo985 said:

Because most other places it’ll be a digital/printed image. 

look at last season’s badge on the elite shirts

aston-villa-21-22-home-kit+%25285%2529.j

lovely textured lion with loads of detail.

But everywhere else the lion looks like this 

1200px-Aston_Villa_logo.svg.png

So yes this new image of the Heck badge is encouraging mainly because the lion looks great. But the only place that lion will be is on the Player’s shirts and the image we’ve seen trademarked will be the version of the badge that we see everywhere else. 

That is assuming there isn’t a different digital version of the badge that we haven’t seen yet

If you mean the digital version that’s emerged today then I don’t think anything is stopping us using that 

6 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Can you be more specific? Do you mean the new round badge or Heck's leaked, new shield badge?

If the round badge Heck said it was only for the shirts when he joined the club.

If the leaked one, we still don't know if that is Heck's new badge or not.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or they saw the backlash against the clipart lion and thought “well **** we can’t use that, quick have we got another version of the lion trademarked?”

Honestly, I don't care what led to this badge, only that we (may have) got here!

• Like 2

I hope that is the badge we get as it has a regal quality to it and IMO is so much better than the current round badge which looks quite amateurish in comparison to me …  Dragon Rouge are one the best in the business and i don’t mean that as a slight on them, but other than being nostalgic for some around 82’ it’s rather meh and for me doesn’t portray our heritage in any way. If this is the final design it has class and sophistication which the round one lacks to me. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Must say the latest ‘leak’ looks like an obvious fake to me. There were several fan made mock ups of the same arrangement. It looks good on screen at the ideal scaling and quality but I can’t see such a detailed lion working from a distance or for small scale uses (would just be a blurry mess), so I still think it’ll be the simplified trade-marked version. Maybe there will be variations on the standard badge by the club though?

7 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Must say the latest ‘leak’ looks like an obvious fake to me. There were several fan made mock ups of the same arrangement. It looks good on screen at the ideal scaling and quality but I can’t see such a detailed lion working from a distance or for small scale uses (would just be a blurry mess), so I still think it’ll be the simplified trade-marked version. Maybe there will be variations on the standard badge by the club though?

I've worked with a fair few design companies in the past and agree. It's considered a bit of a faux pas to have such intricate detail on a logo,as it doesn't work universly across different mediums. All the best ones tend to be fairly basic shapes or text... Think Apple, Nike or Google. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

I know people liked the monochromatic approach to even the trademarked crest so here's an example of what this one would look like. I think it's pretty smart.

GD-c8HtWMAAbiAf.jpg

Love this. 

• Like 1

If that's the real badge I have to say I'm quite happy with it. I think it's even better than our current round badge. Though I am concerned it's not actually going to be the real badge because the lion is way too detailed which goes against the design principles the club have espoused. Also fear the gold will only be a one off for our 150th anniversary and we'll revert to the pale yellow lion thereafter. All this to say, I think it's going to be drop-shadow badge, if not next season (because of the anniversary), then after that.

• Like 1

Â