Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You reckon we'll get an early, well on time kit launch for once?

I would say no - and one of the reasons being Castore deal runs till sometime mid summer? Surely it doesn't end with last game of season.

While we might not get a "quick" release, we will definitely get early leaks. Adidas is too big to keep it all secret. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Why ? 

Because most other places it’ll be a digital/printed image. 

look at last season’s badge on the elite shirts

aston-villa-21-22-home-kit+%25285%2529.j

lovely textured lion with loads of detail.

But everywhere else the lion looks like this 

1200px-Aston_Villa_logo.svg.png

So yes this new image of the Heck badge is encouraging mainly because the lion looks great. But the only place that lion will be is on the Player’s shirts and the image we’ve seen trademarked will be the version of the badge that we see everywhere else. 

That is assuming there isn’t a different digital version of the badge that we haven’t seen yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's really not hard to represent the 3d texture in flat, digital applications. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do it. If they give the lion some contrast it completely changes the badge and erases one of its biggest issues. Not all of it's issues, but the biggest one. 

If we have a good digital version of the 3d lion and we primarily use that lion without the surrounding badge, we might just look good after all. 

I was thinking maybe the vision is this badge on the shirts, and everywhere else we just use the lion or the lion and our name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I doubt very much there will be a vote - I'm pretty sure this crest is being pressed onto shirts in the far east as we speak.

I thought someone posted the new rules saying majority of fans have to be in favour.  How are they going to judge that if they don't put it to vote. 

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I thought someone posted the new rules saying majority of fans have to be in favour.  How are they going to judge that if they don't put it to vote. 

Sales.  Put it on an Adidas shirt, sales go through the roof, et voila, set it in stone for the next 15 years.

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I was thinking maybe the vision is this badge on the shirts, and everywhere else we just use the lion or the lion and our name.

FWIW I reckon we'll be using a monochrome version of the badge on socials.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The survey at the beginning of the season was the consultation.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Because most other places it’ll be a digital/printed image. 

look at last season’s badge on the elite shirts

aston-villa-21-22-home-kit+%25285%2529.j

lovely textured lion with loads of detail.

But everywhere else the lion looks like this 

1200px-Aston_Villa_logo.svg.png

So yes this new image of the Heck badge is encouraging mainly because the lion looks great. But the only place that lion will be is on the Player’s shirts and the image we’ve seen trademarked will be the version of the badge that we see everywhere else. 

That is assuming there isn’t a different digital version of the badge that we haven’t seen yet

Are we sure about this though?

What about the version we saw where the detailing was put over the Lion digitally?

Not sure if it was fan made or another strategic " leak "

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are we sure about this though?

What about the version we saw where the detailing was put over the Lion digitally?

Not sure if it was fan made or another strategic " leak "

It was fan made

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's not ideal but we've clearly decided that how it looks on the shirt is paramount, and we want the badge to stand out on the shirt, as opposed to West Ham who have decided to have their badge blend in. I personally think our badge

There's pros and cons for either method, and I think you'll find that badges all over the football world don't necessarily match up with the club's main colours. 

Some would argue that it's a very good thing that our primary focus is how the badge sits on the shirt as opposed to how it looks elsewhere. Even then, in every single social media application it'll sit on a claret background to give that colour balance.

john-mcginn.jpeg

Pablo-Fornals-15198318061200x824-1-1140x

I'm not defending flat yellow on blue if that's what we get, especially if they display it with that awful drop shadow, but the badge having fairly minimal claret isn't the end of the world provided we make sure it's sitting on claret the vast majority of the time

And therein lies the problem with yellow on blue.  The badge will only ever sit on a claret background on home shirts and occasional training gear/apparel.  The rest of the time it will be on other coloured backgrounds, especially white (most websites, all printed media, the away kit etc etc).  The badge should have contrasting colour shades, not two light colours.  The fact that we have those two colours already makes it farcical that the club have chosen not to use them together.  Light blue and claret, yes.  Gold and claret, yes.  Gold and light blue, no.  

If we have three colours to utilize (claret, light blue, gold), make sure you use two that contrast each other.  It makes any image much clearer to view/see from distance and in small applications.  

Hate to admit it, but those hammers on the Wet Spam badge are far more visible than the Lion on the Villa one.  If you were a non Villa person looking at those two badges, you'd have to be three feet away from McGinn to know what that yellow shape is. 

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Still don't like the spacing. There's no need for the star and the 1874.

We really fetishize negativism as a fanbase, don't we?

How about this, is there anything about it you do like? Or is it only important to call out the stuff you hate?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Still don't like the spacing. There's no need for the star and the 1874.

Blame the fans for insisting on having that stupid star still

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

How about this, is there anything about it you do like? Or is it only important to call out the stuff you hate?

So unfair.

Everything was going swimmingly. And there was a broadly.positive fan reaction to the round badge

Negativity has been caused by Heck  and the way this was handled.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm very positive about the way things are going ON the pitch but I'm not just going to be a happy clapper. There's things off the pitch that aren't going well and the badge is one of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

So unfair.

Everything was going swimmingly. And there was a broadly.positive fan reaction to the round badge

Negativity has been caused by Heck  and the way this was handled.

1874 and the star were both on the round badge. Both of the things the OP has complained about above.

You might not like hearing it but it's not unfair to say the Villa fanbase is extremely negative. Whether justified or not (it doesn't ever seem to matter), people will find reasons not to like things, to bitch and moan. Like you said, things were going swimmingly. Now this stuff is like the end of the world.

Perspective is lacking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â