Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

What's the sense in a reboot? And there is no way the v2 Lerner crest is better than the new version. No designer on the planet is going to agree with that (except for maybe not liking the drop shadow).

Plenty of people, and a few designers on twitter and other forums have said just that.. You've made your opinion clear, but your opinion is not some objective fact.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Plenty of people, and a few designers on twitter and other forums have said just that.. You've made your opinion clear, but your opinion is not some objective fact.

Eh. If they think the Lerner v1/2 is better then they're not very good designers! (except for the drop shadow—if their objection is because of that then that's a different matter). And yes that is my opinion!

https://villatrust.org.uk/new-aston-villa-crest/

Coincidentally, the Fan Advisory Board did not see the latest design until the evening of 20th December. The FAB was not afforded the opportunity to input into the design process second-time around. We were previously told that there would be no further consultation with the FAB and it was to be left with the professionals.  Whereas Chris Heck stated to Villa TV on 19th December, “we are working very closely with supporter groups and individuals that are fans. The crest is for the fan. It is worn by the players and it is for the fan.” Other than the October survey to individual fans, we are not aware of any further input from supporter groups.

Feedback on social media shows that fans are not convinced by the latest design. The new crest has been described as a “Microsoft Paint monstrosity”, “cartoony”, “uninspiring” and “unprofessional”.

The Club has missed an opportunity by not getting further feedback from fans, there could have been subtle changes to the round design. What is evident is that the Club has disregarded the output from the original survey. Fans previously expressed that the crest required an injection of more claret. There was no attachment to the current crest and yellow lion. Plus, a desire for the lion to be rampant. So, how have we ended up back with a yellow lion and shield design?

Couldn’t agree more… it’s just not an acceptable situation or one that fans should be tolerant of…

Very disappointing…

• Like 1

It’s crazy really…

we have experts and professionals in our fanbase with so much experience and knowledge… and deep link to and understanding of the club… I’m sure there are several in the FAB too…

why not consult them and take their views and advice on board? Or even employ them???

People like @NurembergVillan for instance?

I’m so disappointed by all this… off pitch affairs have not been dealt with well at all and supporters are being treated poorly and ignored, putting up with piss poor (literally!) services and facilities and treated like idiots… 

It’s in stark contrast to the actual football side… so blessed and fortunate to have Unai but… it’s kind of covering up our deficiencies and faults elsewhere… I wish we could catch up in that sense asap…

We urgently need it sorting out… I hope NSWE are paying close attention… and get more involved…

Edited by Jas10

54 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s crazy really…

we have experts and professionals in our fanbase with so much experience and knowledge… and deep link to and understanding of the club… I’m sure there are several in the FAB too…

why not consult them and take their views and advice on board? Or even employ them???

People like @NurembergVillan for instance?

I’m so disappointed by all this… off pitch affairs have not been dealt with well at all and supporters are being treated poorly and ignored, putting up with piss poor (literally!) services and facilities and treated like idiots… 

It’s in stark contrast to the actual football side… so blessed and fortunate to have Unai but… it’s kind of covering up our deficiencies and faults elsewhere… I wish we could catch up in that sense asap…

We urgently need it sorting out… I hope NSWE are paying close attention… and get more involved…

Yeah we've got ACTUAL Villa fans who are design professional professionals AND hold the club close to heart.

They'd also have the expertise to know how to seperate and combine the two.

• Like 1

From day one it didn't sit well with me that, for about 25 years, I have heard Villa fans say that they want the round badge brought back. We finally get our wish in 2022 and a new employee just waltzed in and scrapped it.

It could have been a brave and bold decision if he presented us with a truly iconic alternative but he hasn't.  He has served us up something based on our worst ever badge. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The lion on the round badge is far superior amd it was designed in such a way as to look brilliant stand alone. We have to ditch that Lerner lion

I agree about the lion on the round badge. This new badge design -  makes me think it is purely economical with Heck. Is Heck keeping the Lerner lion with the blue & yellow colour balance to sync with existing digital platforms and signage around VP to save money? If that is the case, it is a cheap look to be fair.

Personally, I am okay with the badge. I think if they make the lion stand alone on the kits then that is much better. Heck needs to engage with fans and communicate what's going on.

For those complaining about a round badge looking too much like Chelsea, if you want a shield, why do you want the badge to look like Middlesbrough?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

For those complaining about a round badge looking too much like Chelsea, if you want a shield, why do you want the badge to look like Middlesbrough?

Cannot help think how much classier there’s looked on the shirts in the tunnel….

Chris Heck doesn't understand the football culture. He is making very American decisions on things, but this isn't America. This is a sport and club with more history than all American sport put together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Chris Heck doesn't understand the football culture. He is making very American decisions on things, but this isn't America. This is a sport and club with more history than all American sport put together.

Didn't baseball influence the formation of professional football over here (uk)?

Edited by Villa_Vids

Â