Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m surprised you don’t have a stronger reaction to this… since you’ve always justifiably been critical of the Lerner badges (the first one was pathetic but the improved lion and removal of “prepared” made the second one far superior) and vocal about, especially, the sheer stupidity of putting a yellow lion on a pale blue background…

Isn’t this even worse?

Please don’t be it 🙏

I'm holding off hoping there is something we don't know, and to see the actual release etc lol.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Has Heck done anything positive so far?

He's stopped the new stand and halted the badge roll out, then changing it to something miles worse.

The only thing he hasn't stopped was corporate seating in the Holte, in fact he's added to it with the Lower Grounds thing.

Get this guy out of here. 

You wait for the 2024-25 kit…

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They should just reinstate the retro round one from the 80s. Everyone would be happy, shirt sales would be through the roof. Its the version synonymous with our greatest success, the fanbase would unanimously back it. Pretty easy decision really

This is what they should have done when creating this season’s badge… the insistence on turning the lion the other way was utterly stupid also…

It’s a great idea and you’re right, would’ve proven popular with fans especially the older ones…

Great way to celebrate the anniversary too instead of all this faffing…

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

So frustrating, if this is it. I think the elements are right, not bothered about which way the lion faces anymore, but:

a) as others have said, the main crest issue was always yellow on blue, and a drop shadow is a crap solution for that; and

b) the composition of elements is off, it's unbalanced. 

I don't have the font so this is a bit botched, but in my opinion, you do this and we're good (similar to what I posted recently, so annoying that it's close!)

sort it.jpg

It’s just so obviously better with the Aston Villa at the top

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm holding off hoping there is something we don't know, and to see the actual release etc lol.

Very wise 😂

I shall also try to remain calm now…

I just refuse to believe this…

36 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

So frustrating, if this is it. I think the elements are right, not bothered about which way the lion faces anymore, but:

a) as others have said, the main crest issue was always yellow on blue, and a drop shadow is a crap solution for that; and

b) the composition of elements is off, it's unbalanced. 

I don't have the font so this is a bit botched, but in my opinion, you do this and we're good (similar to what I posted recently, so annoying that it's close!)

sort it.jpg

Much prefer your simplified version

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Has Heck done anything positive so far?

He's stopped the new stand and halted the badge roll out, then changing it to something miles worse.

The only thing he hasn't stopped was corporate seating in the Holte, in fact he's added to it with the Lower Grounds thing.

Get this guy out of here. 

We had a strategy and it feels like they ripped it up when he arrived.

Serious red flags since he came.

ASTON VILLA has to be at the top… it’s almost insulting having it at the bottom. Even AVFC was better and at the top…

I don’t think this new design is better than our original one at all really… it’s actually inferior! 😱

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They should just reinstate the retro round one from the 80s. Everyone would be happy, shirt sales would be through the roof. Its the version synonymous with our greatest success, the fanbase would unanimously back it. Pretty easy decision really

I wouldn't be happy

How have we gone from this awesome lion, which is the only positive of this current badge (regardless of your preference of direction) back to that shit old one like this one looks like a mean lion. It has real claws, it's mane doesn't look like a child drew it, and the arms and legs look good. 

Aston_Villa_FC_logo.png.d588bf1e729638d64f6c408fe6a18811.png

• Like 4

Lose the drop shadow and reinstate the current OR 90s lion and I don’t hate it. Those design choices are unforgivable though as it stands. Praying the trademark listing is just the basic design elements and not the final design. 

I really like it as a monochrome design and thinks it’s superior to our last two badge iterations… Current round one is so meh and forgettable imo lion aside … I also think having Aston Villa at the bottom of the badge works very well … 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

How do the club pay so much and end up with incompetence when there are countless Villa fans producing much better stuff out there…

Don't understand why they don't just make it an open competition and the top badge receives like 150k, the 2nd badge 100k and third place 50k. Then maybe like 1k for the rest of the top 15. I can't imagine it would be anymore expensive than commission a design company to do so. 

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Totally shit and worse than the “current” shield badge and far, far worse than the round badge. 

Impressively I think they have found a badge that will upset everyone. No one likes the Lerner badge, some love the circle and some are meh but I don’t think any hate it passionately, a lot wanted just a lion or some derivative of that and some liked the modern-vibe gas lamp.

Edited by Spoony

Â