Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Don’t hate it.  Also think you’ll see this badge used much less in its entirety… made the lion the focal point, so you’ll see kits with just the lion, 1874, and star on I’m sure with no badge/wordmark.

I'm not sure about that - from a manufacturing point of view, I think there's quite an expense in sewing shapes and designs directly onto the shirt - whereas if you can put the whole thing on a shield shaped patch, then it's simpler and cheaper.

38 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm withholding my opinion until I've sat with it a while, which I would counsel others to do.

You were bound to hate it no matter what they produced, no?

I'd be all over this opinion in virtually all circumstances, and even in this instance, if it wasn't for the spectacularly misjudged, hopelessly out of date DROP SHADOW. I'm pretty sure even Photoshop issues you a warning if you hover over this option these days, stating: "irony fan are you? - let's go back in time to the very beginning of the internet to see why we all quickly moved on!".  Shockingly poor decision, and I genuinely take back any previous criticism of 'design by committee'.

♪♫ Yellow & Blue Army

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure about that - from a manufacturing point of view, I think there's quite an expense in sewing shapes and designs directly onto the shirt - whereas if you can put the whole thing on a shield shaped patch, then it's simpler and cheaper.

Was thinking about things similar to liverpools kit identity… never have the full badge on their kits anymore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Was thinking about things similar to liverpools kit identity… never have the full badge on their kits anymore.

Ah, yeah, I get it, I was thinking of the raised embroidered thing rather than a flat transfer.

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I'd be all over this opinion in virtually all circumstances, and even in this instance, if it wasn't for the spectacularly misjudged, hopelessly out of date DROP SHADOW. I'm pretty sure even Photoshop issues you a warning if you hover over this option these days, stating: "irony fan are you? - let's go back in time to the very beginning of the internet to see why we all quickly moved on!".  Shockingly poor decision, and I genuinely take back any previous criticism of 'design by committee'.

♪♫ Yellow & Blue Army

Yeah the shadow is awful, worst thing about it.

• Like 1

What the Heck is this man smoking?

Taking the round badge lion in isolation and ignoring the direction for a moment, isn’t it obvious that that lion is superior in its shape and detailing and COLOUR. Claret on blue and no yellow.

• Like 3

Surely… surely not? This can’t be it… can it?

I refuse to believe it…until/unless the club officially reveals it to be… this?

Am I dreaming? Is this a nightmare?

Because… I cannot fathom the stupidity and ineptness if it really is this…

What the F is the point?

The main and most legitimate gripe and fault of the original version was that the combination of yellow on pale blue didn’t work, looked stupid, was a mistake/oversight, obscured and blurred the lion out (turning it into a blob, especially from distance)…

Other than that… it was the fact that our name was not there in full. And our colours weren’t vivid or well represented enough (lack of claret).

But, again IF this is it, this a complete waste of time and resources and a bit of an insult to be frank…

I’m shocked, but I’ll be even more shocked and appalled if this really is the final design and our crest/badge for the foreseeable future… 😱 

It’s useless and pointless… literally almost every other (legit/serious) design that fans/people have come up with and shared has been superior.

There is no point to this.

There are so many ways to do this.. and this isn’t one of them.

Wow 😮

Denial mode activated.

🙏

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It's quite incredible that they are going back to the same concept that was universally disliked and which they, this time two years ago, started us on the road to replacing.

It's almost like being trolled.

I don’t believe it, I can’t.

This would be utterly pointless and embarassing. May as well keep the original one.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Â