Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

20 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think this has really been missed in this release, the colours, which will have far more bearing on our identity than a one-off 150th logo element. 

I've been on this forum for 20 years and in that time every time a new shirt or badge is released, people complain the claret "isn't claret" and is too purple. 

At the same time you've got people here and social media complaining that he doesn't listen to the fans. He's listening. 

I guess if you put a gun to my head and said 'say something nice about it', yeah the colours are good. 

That said, there is a massive wang on our logo!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

It's not a tiny logo though, he's said it's the main logo for the 150 year anniversary. 

Has he?

23 minutes ago, Risso said:

And it's shite, really, really shite. 

This is opinion. I think it would be completely shit as a club badge. I'm not sure how I feel about it being part of a rebrand. There's elements of it that I like.

24 minutes ago, Risso said:

the rubbish way he's gone about it aren't exactly the mark of the marketing genius he's supposed to be.

No argument here. 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has he?

This is opinion. I think it would be completely shit as a club badge. I'm not sure how I feel about it being part of a rebrand. There's elements of it that I like.

No argument here. 

He has, he says so in the appalling video.

"We'll even launch, erm, our 150, err,  anniversary mark and logo, erm, on this video."

Shite logo duly appears at the end of the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, est1874 said:

T'internet innit? People love nothing more than an extreme knee-jerk reaction and a 'hot take'.

The art of measured reflection is dying, if not already lost.

On reflection I’d be inclined to agree dead probably but certainly dying. The WWW was developed/invented as a means for intellectuals, like me and @Follyfoot to exchange ideas. Now we have the Kardashians and Facebook the slippery slope is getting steeper and more lubricated by the day! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

On reflection I’d be inclined to agree dead probably but certainly dying. The WWW was developed/invented as a means for intellectuals, like me and @Follyfoot to exchange ideas. Now we have the Kardashians and Facebook the slippery slope is getting steeper and more lubricated by the day! 

Whilst I see your point isn't the instant reaction sort of the point of marketing? 

People aren't going to sit down and cogitate over our logo with a glass of brandy. 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Whilst I see your point isn't the instant reaction sort of the point of marketing? 

People aren't going to sit down and cogitate over our logo with a glass of brandy. 

Other drinks are available. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

@Follyfoot is intellectual foul being flattened for cretinous twitter mongoose I guess...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It makes me long for the days of information via yearly almanac Dave 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It makes me long for the days of information via yearly almanac Dave 

When I managed to pass the 11+ my old man bought me a set of Envyclopedia Brittanica, therefore setting me up for life! those were definitely the days!

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

When I managed to pass the 11+ my old man bought me a set of Envyclopedia Brittanica, therefore setting me up for life! those were definitely the days!

I had a massive argument with a bloke when I first started work, he reckoned, there was more vitamin C in apples than oranges  a simple argument that would be sorted in 20 seconds nowadays took two weeks and a visit to the library and the hiring of a book to conclude. As you say Mate, most definitely the days.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I had a massive argument with a bloke when I first started work, he reckoned, there was more vitamin C in apples than oranges  a simple argument that would be sorted in 20 seconds nowadays took two weeks and a visit to the library and the hiring of a book to conclude. As you say Mate, most definitely the days.

I thought you were going to say that you’d resolved the matter in the traditional manner, on the car park. 🤣

• Haha 1

Â