Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Gold is fine. Bright yellow is not.

Problem is that both don't really work on a pale blue background. So we either have to abandon the powder blue and move to a darker one (I'd be fine with this),  or have something to sit behind a standalone lion of we have light blue away shirts

Dunno why we haven’t put gold on claret.

Let blue be the border instead.

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Gold is fine. Bright yellow is not.

Problem is that both don't really work on a pale blue background. So we either have to abandon the powder blue and move to a darker one (I'd be fine with this),  or have something to sit behind a standalone lion of we have light blue away shirts

Would we have even bothered changing the badge if this is the colour scheme we went with originally?

spacer.png

The main problem was sticking a yellow lion on a pale blue background, proper mess up and poor design decision.

-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would we have even bothered changing the badge if this is the colour scheme we went with originally?

spacer.png

The main problem was sticking a yellow lion on a pale blue background, proper mess up and poor design decision.

-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This onw is better than the current two we have. Only missing the star

Just now, Keyblade said:

I can't see past this being our new badge. Should have been this from the beginning

Part of the issue with whatever is chosen is copyright and "ownership" of the badge - basically to be able to deal with counterfeiters and stuff, the badge has to be "original" and unique. If a heraldic Lion (only) is used then it has to be distinctive, and not one already in existence, because if it isn't then anyone can make a shirt or whatever with the lion on and sell it - no income for Villa.

So there will have to be more than just a lion, or a lion with a star to enable commercial deals and rights and so on. So if the badge is going on the team kit, mugs, scarves and all that, it'll pretty much have to have additional features - whether that's the name or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

Part of the issue with whatever is chosen is copyright and "ownership" of the badge - basically to be able to deal with counterfeiters and stuff, the badge has to be "original" and unique. If a heraldic Lion (only) is used then it has to be distinctive, and not one already in existence, because if it isn't then anyone can make a shirt or whatever with the lion on and sell it - no income for Villa.

So there will have to be more than just a lion, or a lion with a star to enable commercial deals and rights and so on. So if the badge is going on the team kit, mugs, scarves and all that, it'll pretty much have to have additional features - whether that's the name or whatever.

Yeah it'd probably need an AVFC on there somewhere too. So basically our old badge but without the shield I guess.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it'd probably need an AVFC on there somewhere too. So basically our old badge but without the shield I guess.

Rather it says Aston Villa than just AVFC.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Na mate… too “American”… or “soccery”

Rampant lion is part of our identity really…

The ball is just unnecessary.

Plenty of European badges have a ball on them. Spurs an obvious example, so Im not sure it's an "American" thing per se. But it'd be controversial nonetheless. I think if done properly it could look cool.

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

This one could look cool on the change strip. I love the detail.

Free Crazy Lion Cliparts, Download Free Crazy Lion Cliparts png images ...

Could be interactive too and change this weekly. Remove the ball and replace it with whoever next weeks opponents mascot is

A lion ripping Gunnarsaurus head off would stand out

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Plenty of European badges have a ball on them. Spurs an obvious example, so Im not sure it's an "American" thing per se. But it'd be controversial nonetheless. I think if done properly it could look cool.

I agree, an old fashioned football would look smart . The spurs badge is very effective and old school .

• Like 1

Wonder how much we paid dragoon rouge for our one season badge that they could have got any one of us to design given the restrictions we placed on them. 

Would loved to have seen what they could come up with without the limitations of the limited and leading fan survey.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Â