Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

On 28/06/2023 at 20:37, est1874 said:

Could anyone explain to me why people think Heck's 76ers rebrand is so good? 

I think it looks bland, lacking in personality, and overall just a bit shit tbh.

Their previous logo/brand was admittedly dated but still much much more distinct and interesting to me.

It's good because it captures what the 76ers are all about and have been all about historically in a clean modern way. 

American sports can be VERY traditional, especially among famous old teams. That traditional feel was a central thrust of their rebrand. I know US teams seem to overuse the stars and stripes and the red white and blue, but for Philly it's been central to their branding from the beginning. They're the 76ers! Their whole brand is Americana. That's what was going to resonate with their fans, and it has been spectacularly successful in doing that. 

2 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

I've waited years for that badge, and it finally happened. I love it so much, I love the way we got to vote on it.

OBVIOUSLY now I've been lured in, they want to distance themselves from it. This annoys me, greatly.

Indeed,  last Thursday was er interesting on here! 

Branding isn’t just a badge/logo. 

it’s everything that’s expressed, from an idea, a message, art, philosophy, culture, tone of voice and actions. It’s the glue that unites everyone (and everyone who we want to be) involved with a business/company or in this case a club 

what Heck and his team did at the 76ers was more than change a logo. They changed what that franchise was as a culture, how it operated and where it belongs in Philly. They made Philly city love the 76ers again and developed a culture that won again and win with a new pride. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

Interestingly (and I hope not too OT), Atletico Madrid fans have just voted to reintroduce their old badge.... the new one was pretty contentious as it swapped round the bear from one side to another. Just shows you how contentious these things can be.

15 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Interestingly (and I hope not too OT), Atletico Madrid fans have just voted to reintroduce their old badge.... the new one was pretty contentious as it swapped round the bear from one side to another. Just shows you how contentious these things can be.

In all fairness that new badge is a **** dumb and pointless change. Why change just a small detail and the border colour? Either change it completely or don't change it at all, IMO

This stand-alone lion looks great and better than the new one imo, superior design and stands out much more. Also facing the correct way 😆

New badge really isn’t all that, could easily be improved on.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This stand-alone lion looks great and better than the new one imo, superior design and stands out much more. Also facing the correct way 😆

New badge really isn’t all that, could easily be improved on.

The detail on the new lion is far superior.

• Like 2

For me the facade of the Holte End with the steps is unique to Villa and should of been replicated for the North Stand. Villa Live was too close to the new stand and took away the appeal for me. 
The stand alone lion with our name would also be unique and instantly be recognised even without our name (the right way around though!).

Me and my brother was talking about this whole new crest vote, the conclusion we came to was, DO NOT give the vote to the fans. A lot of fans will automatically go back on memories of our most recent successful era (yes I know 94 & 96 we good) but the big 1 would be the European cup. It's just crazy that we've have a new badge and we're using the old 1 as well. 

Was watching a Vasco Da Gama game. Like how they have the famous cross on their jerseys but a different logo they use for their branding.  Maybe we can do similar. Lion on the shirt but something more unique and cutting edge elsewhere.  

Just put it out there to a few really good graphic designers. Pay them a certain amount to bid, winner gets (obviously) a bigger prize. And make the design in house. As @floody555 pointed out, fans are nostalgic. It's why anything "retro" sells so well, even if it was crap at the time. Time heals all good sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Me and my brother was talking about this whole new crest vote, the conclusion we came to was, DO NOT give the vote to the fans. A lot of fans will automatically go back on memories of our most recent successful era (yes I know 94 & 96 we good) but the big 1 would be the European cup. It's just crazy that we've have a new badge and we're using the old 1 as well. 

I don’t think you can blame the fans, ultimately the designers (and management that approved the designs) are to blame. The fans were given two bad options to vote for and voted for the least bad option (in my opinion). If the designer’s produce two fantastic options to vote for, or even one fantastic option and one stinker, then we will get a good badge. Still can’t believe the designer’s killer design feature was flipping the lion around 🫣

32 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I don’t think you can blame the fans, ultimately the designers (and management that approved the designs) are to blame. The fans were given two bad options to vote for and voted for the least bad option (in my opinion). If the designer’s produce two fantastic options to vote for, or even one fantastic option and one stinker, then we will get a good badge. Still can’t believe the designer’s killer design feature was flipping the lion around 🫣

My point wasn't meant to blame the fans. When it came to the point of new crest we shouldn't be looking back which is why they changed the lion but then went to a previous circle badge LOL

We could have kept the circle concept if that was what the fans were leaning towards and have the wording in a circular shape without it being encased in a circle.  I think I've seen a few examples on here already and good 1s, I get the feeling from what that Heck has done in his previous role, we may be going to a lion only, Just a feeling.

• Like 1

Â